About Kateel Shri Durgaparameshwari Temple
Kateel Shri Durgaparameshwari Temple is situated on the bank of river nandini and the sanctum of Mata Durgaparameshwari is located in the middle of River Nandini.
Kateel is small village of Mangalore, Dakshina Kannada and it is popular because of the Durgaparameshwari Temple. Goddess Durga is worshiped in this temple which is visited by thousands of pilgrims every day.This place is around 26 Kms from Mangalore City. The temple is surrounded by greeneries which adds to the attraction. During the rainy season river Nandini overflows and sometimes temple gets flooded with water.
Code of Conduct
- Hands and feet should be cleaned before entering the temple
- Wearing of Footwear inside the temple is strictly prohibited
- People after consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking inside the temple is banned
- Women with pregnancy above seven months are not allowed
The temple authorities are providing accommodation to the piligrims at three different places:-
- New Guest House Building which has 36 double bed rooms
- Durge Prasad Buildings has seven rooms
- Old Guest house has eight rooms
Free meals are offered to devotees between 12.00 Noon to 2.30 PM and 8.30 PM to 10.00 PM
Administrative Officer Sri Prabhuling Kavalikatti, K.A.S.
KATEEL SHREE DURGAPARAMESHWARI TEMPLE
Kateel post, Mangalore,
Dakshina Kannada District.
Pin Code-574 148,
+91 824 2200361 / 2200591 / 2200561
Wen site :http://www.kateeldevi.in
More articles: Temple