1. Overview of new generation of modern microprocessors
2. Advanced Intel Microprocessors: Protected mode operation of X86 Intel family;
study of Pentium: superscalar architecture and pipelining, register set andspecial
instructions, memory management, cache organization, bus operation, branch prediction
3.Study of pentium family of processors: Pentium, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium 4,
Pentium V: architectural features,comparative study.
4. Advanced RISC microprocessors: Overview of RISC development and current
systems, Alpha AXP architecture, Alpha AXP implementations and applications.
5. Study of sun Sparc family:SPARC architecture, the super SPARC, SPARC
6.Standard for bus architectureand ports: EISA,VESA, PCI, SCSI, PCMCIA cards
and slots ,ATA , ATAPI, LTP, USB,AGP,RAID
7.System Architectures for desktop and server-based systems: study of memory
subsystems and I/O subsystems. Integration issues
1.DanielTabak, ‘Advanced Microprocessors’,McGraw-Hill
2.BarryB.Brey, The Intel Microprocessors, Architecture,Programming and interfacing
3.Tom Shanley, Pentium Processor System Architecture, Addison Wesley Press
1. Ray and Bhurchandi, ‘Advanced MicroprocessorsandPeripherals’, TMH
2. James Antonakos, ‘The Pentium Microprocessor’,Pearson Education
3. Badri Ram,’Advanced Microprocessors andInterfacing’, TMH Publication
4. Intel Manuals
No responses found. Be the first to respond...