Energy Scenario in India

Energy Scenario in India

Energy Scenario in India

In India and all over the world,a variety of sources of energy are in use.Like firewood,agricultural waste,animal dung and human power are the traditional sources of energy which are still continue to meet the bulk of energy requirements in rural India. These traditional fuels are gradually getting replaced by commercial fuels such as coal,petroleum,natural gas and electricity.

It has been estimated that 60% of total energy requirement in India is derived from commercial fuels and non-commercial fuels contributes the rest 40%. Total energy produced in the form of electricity,is 60% from coal,25% from hydel power, 4% from diesel and gas ,2% from nuclear power and less than 1% from non-conventional sources like solar,wind,ocean,biomass,etc.

In developing country like India-greater the availability of energy,more is the shortage. There is phenomenal increase in power generating capacity,still there is no electricity in many rural areas and even cities,electricity availbale is 30% less than the requirement.

Related Articles

How To Know Good or Bad Omen From Vastu Shastra?

In today’s times, people’s inclination has enormously d towards vastu -shastra. The greatest proof of this fact is evident in every home. Vastu shastra converts homes into peaceful, well cultured and well decorated attire. This tends to lead every members of family towards a balanced, cheerful and prosperous path. This commentary is giving knowledge of this subject below.

Simple ways to be happy

Summary: You can learn some simple to be happy by not making comparison with anyone, being happy with whatever you have and enjoying things that you have, understanding philosophy, high thinking, idolizing someone and being simple. Many people are not easily happy because everybody is not lucky to become rich.

University of Petroleum and Energy Studies announces Admissions 2012

In this resource we have information related to the admission notification by the famous university for petroleum studies that is UPES, located in the outskirt of Dehradun. The university has now expanded the education courses, and also has new engineering courses ranging from technical ones, like Computer Engineering in collaboration with IBM to the Fire and safety domains as well.

Prime movers and various sources of energy

This article provides the basic information about the various types of prime movers which are used to produce the mechanical power in our day to day life. It also includes the different sources of energy used by prime movers.

More articles: Energy


No responses found. Be the first to comment...

  • Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
  • No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
  • This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
  • Name: