Chicken Noorjahani Recipe
Posted Date: 10-Mar-2010
It is rich traditional mughlai non-vegetarian preparation. This chicken in white gravy, is really delicious and very easy to prepare. Non-vegetarian foody people should try this once you will like it for sure.
1 kg chicken
1 tsp salt
1 tsp aniseed (soufe)
8 pieces garlic
½ inch ginger
4 green chillies
1 cinnamon stick
3 brown cardamom
2 cups of whipped curd
6 tsp ghee / butter
3 finely chopped onions
3 bay leaves
½ cup milk
a pinch of saffron
½ tsp oil
5-6 almonds (for garnishing)
1. Grind together the green chillies, aniseed, ginger, garlic, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and salt with a little water and make a fine paste.
2. Prick the chicken with fork and add this paste to it.
3. Add whipped curd to the chicken and leave it to marinate for 2 hours at least.
4. Heat the ghee in a pan, add the bay leaves (tej patta) and onions (shredded) and saute on high flame till they turn golden- brown.
5. In another pan, warm the milk, add some saffron, stir gently and keep aside.
6. Add the marinated chicken to the sauteed onions. Let it cook on high flame for 5-6 minutes.
7. Now pour the milk into the chicken and cook on low flame for 30-40 minutes.
8. Roast almonds with a dash of oil for a few mins.
9. Garnish with the roasted almonds. Serve hot.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Chicken Noorjahani Recipe"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.