hiring content writers
to work from home
Labour Legislation In India
Posted Date: 25-May-2010
My this article contains information about Labour and Legislation In India. Labour Legislation refers to all laws of the Government which have been enacted to provide social and economic security to the labour or workers. The evils of industrial volution have led to the labour legislation.
Labour Legislation refers to all laws of the Government which have been enacted to provide social and economic security to the labour or workers. The evils of industrial volution have led to the labour legislation. Now the state has a direct interest in the industrial peace and prosperity. These acts are aimed at reduction of production losses due to industrial disputes and to ensure timely payment of wages and other minimum amenties of the workers.
Need of labour Legislation :
The basic principle of industrial legislation is to ensure social justice to the workers . The object of legislation is the equitable distribution of profits and benefits accruing from industry between industrialists and workers and affording protection to the workers against harmful affects to their health safety and morality.In a developing country like India, Labour legislation becomes especially important because of the following reasons :
1. Labour organizations are relatively weak and in most of the cases, they depend merely on the mercy of the employers. Individual worker is economically very weak and is unable to bargain his terms with the employers. Now the prior payment of wages lay off, dismissal, retrenchments etc , are all governed by legislation. The economic insecurity of the workers is removed to a great extent.
2. In many organizations, workers may feel occupational insecurity. The workers may not be given by amount in case of accidents, death, occupational Act, Employees State Insurance Ac, certain benefits have been statutarily given to workers which the employees otherwise may not get from their employers.
3. In any factories, there important working conditions on account of which the employees health and safety is always in danger. The factories Act contains a number of provisions relating to health safety and welfare of workers. Special provisions have been made for the women.
4. Labour legislation is also necessary from the view point of law and order situation and national security of the country. State plays a vital role I the continuing production. It helps in the economic development of the country. The idea of Welfare State is embodied in the Directive Principles of the constitution and for reason, various labour laws have been enacted to protect the sections of the society.
5. Labour Legislation is one of the most progressive and dynamic instruments for achieving socio-economic progress :
Objectives of Labour Legislation
The main objectives for various labour laws are as follws :
To protect the workers from profit seeking exploiters.
To promote cordial industrial relations between employers and employees.
To preserve the health safety and welfare of workers.
To product the interests of women and children working in the factories.
Principles of Labour Lesgislation :
There are four principles on which the labour legislation is based viz,
1. Social Justice
2. Social and Economic Justice
3. National economy
4. International conventions
The concept of social justice refers to providing justice to everyone in the society so that the poor are not exploited by the rich. It is an in the interest of both employers and employees that they should consider themselves as two wheels of a cart and firmly believe that one cannot exist without the other.
National Economy :
Labour legislation ensures industrial peace and helps in the industrialization of the country. The Directive principles of the constitution contain the idea of welfare state. It is a fundamental of a welfare state to look after the interest of workers who are the weakest section of the society and satisfy their physical needs with the increase in productivity the benefits are shared with the workers, resulting ih their prosperity. Thus for the growth of economy and development of the country, labour legislation acts as guiding principle.
International Conventions :-
International labour originations aims at securing the minimum standard of living for the workers throughout the world. If any convention is passed by govt, it becomes binding if it is ratified by any country. Thus, labour legislation is guided by these conventions.
Aadhaar India and its projects-Summary
Aadhar India : a new threat to privacy of public
Risk control in project management
Read related articles:
Labour Legislation India
Aadhar projects India
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Labour Legislation In India"
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Objectives of marketing research
Parts of director project
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Objectives of marketing research
Advantages of marketing research
Fermented milk beverages
Grades of milk
Basic elements of a communication system
How to mend a fight between partners?
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Trinadha Rao Sambangi
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.