THE FAKE FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS
Social Networking has become so common these days that it is almost guranteed that a person using internet will have a facebook or an orkut ccount. The reason may be networking, finding old friend or any other;
the social networking website creates a "virtual you"
One of the fastest growing social networking website is facebook. Due to recent events of privacy relating issues, facebook was forced to release new privacy settings for its users and they can be deemed fairly good when the question comes of their advantages.
But what would you do if someone poses as "you" by making a fake facebook account. So, you must understand that evasion of privacy, or a hacking might take place.
As it is said, that prevention is better than cure, you must take into considerations certain things before accepting anyone as friend.
1. Does the person requesting you as a friend has only one profile picture?
2. Is that photo a passport size one which has been kept elsewhere on the internet?
3. Is the person a celebrity who knows you?
4. Do you know the person really well?
5. Is the information provided like the birth date correct as far as you
6. Has the person given his contact information like the email ID so that you can confirm that request is genuine?
If answer to any of the questions "Yes", then think right away. Do not
hurry up in accepting the friend request. Be confirmed regarding the
identity of the person.
If you already suspect a fake account, you can either block/report that
person. The best option is to remove yourself from the friend's list of
Being safe in social networking can make it fun for you. However, be
Good luck to safe social Networking.