NGO – Full form of NGO, History of NGOs and types of NGOs
All the details regarding NGO. Full form of NGO , History of NGOs and types of NGOs.
I am preparing for the UPSC civil services examination. I came across the topic of NGOs. I would like to tell about NGOs.
Full Form of NGO
NGO means Non governmental organization. These are the organizations in which government representatives are not present in members of organization and are funded by the government. Sometimes entire funds are provided by the government while sometimes government partially funds the NGOs. The main objective of NGOs is to provide social justice, development and human rights. It provides services directly to local community.
History of NGOs
Beginning of NGOs starts in 1775 to 1918. It includes various national issues and war sufferer issues. In late 1960s-1970s entire growth of NGOs had started. The main reason of developing NGOs is economic recession, end of cold war, privatization, growing demands etc
Types of NGOs
They are basically classified as
Community based NGOs
- Created by people's own interest. Main objective of these organizations is to help urban people and aware them to understand their rights and provide required services.
– They include various organizations related to sports, education and association of community based organizations.
- These are professional organizations. Function of these NGOs is to support local NGOs
– Main function of this NGOs is funding to local NGOs, implementing various projects.
There are large numbers of
types of NGOs
. Some of them are as follows
* BINGO-Business-friendly International NGO
* CITS-Its function is to motivate youth towards research and development.
* CSO-Civil Society Organization-It includes various civil and social organizations.
* ENGO-Environmental NGO-Creates relationship between government and other organizations.
* GONGO-Government operated NGOs
* INGO-International NGOs
* QUANGO-Quasi-autonomous NGOs
* TANGO-Technical assistance NGOs
* MANGO-Market advocacy NGOs
Working of NGOs
It works according to diagram shown in figure
It works in four tiers
1. First tier - Primary tier which function is funding. It is main source of funding. It includes government bodies, international agencies or individuals etc.
2. Second tier – Main function of this tier is to distribute the funds provided by first tier.
3. Third tier – This tier includes NGOs. Its function is to link with fund applicant.
4. Fourth tier – This tier represents the recipient of funds provided by NGOs.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "NGO – Full form of NGO, History of NGOs and types of NGOs"
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
N K Ravishankara
Sheo Shankar Jha
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.
Click the "Follow" button above to follow Tony John