Resources » Admissions » General Admissions
Admission to PG Courses Under Utkal University
Admission to PG Courses Under Utkal University
Admission To PG Courses Under Utkal University:Utkal University invites application from eligible candidates for Admission to PG Courses in Analytical & Applied Economics, Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology, Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, English, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Library & Information Science, Mathematics, Oriya, Personal Management & Industrial Relations (PMRI), Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, (except MBA/MCA and Biotechnology).
Course Eligibility:Second class Honours in the relevant subject except for the followings.
Course Details:1. Ancient India History, Culture and Archaeology: Second class Honours in any other subject with 50% marks in 'Archaeology & Museology' as a pass subject at the +3 Degree level.
2. Anthropology: Candidate with second class Honours in Anthropology or second class Honours in any other subject, such as, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Pol Science, History, Geography,Geology, Zoology, Botany, Biotechnology, Microbiology and Life-Sciences.
3. Geography: Second class Honours in Geography or second class Honours in other subject and Geography as a pass subject at +3 Degree (Arts/Science) level.
4. Law: Second class in LL.B or equivalent Law degree.
5. M.Lib. & Inf. Sc.: Second class Honours at +3 Degree or equivalent Course or 50% marks in aggregate for pass candidates of +3 Degree or equivalent Course.
6. Master in Engineering Course in computer Science and Engineering with specialization with Knowledge Engineering (Department of Computer Science): BE / B.Tech. in Computer Science / IT / Electrical / Electronics / M.Sc. Computer Science, MCA with physics and Mathematics / Statistics at B.Sc. level. At least 60% marks or equivalent in the qualifying degree examination.
7. P.M.I.R: First qualifying Bachelors degree (except AMIE ) 50% marks in aggregate.
8. Psychology: Second class Honours at +3 degree (Science or Social Science) or 50% aggregate marks for pass subjects at +3 Degree level.
9. Public Administration: Second class Honours in any subject.
10. Sociology: Second class Honours in Sociology or 50% of marks in aggregate for candidates having Honours in Anthropology, Political Science Economics or Psychology.
11. Philosophy: Second class Honours in Philosophy or least Second class Honours in other subjects with 50% marks in philosophy as a pass subject at +3 Degree level. Pass candidates with 50% marks in aggregate having philosophy as a core subject shall also be eligible for the said course.
12. Statistics: Second class Honours in Statistics/ Mathematics or Second class Honours in any other subject with Statistics / Mathematics as a core subject. Pass candidates with 50% of marks in aggregate having Statistics / Mathematics as a core subject shall also be eligible
1. P.G. DIPLOMA IN REMOTE SENSING AND GIS: (Department of Geography): Graduate preferably from Geography, Engineering, Business Management, Agriculture, Forestry, Life Science and other science graduates with at least 45% marks at graduation level are eligible. Arts graduates with science background at intermediate (+2) level are also eligible with 45% marks at graduation level.
2. MASTER OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT (Department of Sociology): +3 Degree in Arts / Science / Commerce.
3. 3 Year M.B.A. EXECUTIVE PROGRAMME (Department of Business Administration): 2 Years of working experience at Supervisory level after graduation in reputed organizations. (Experience and no objection certificate to continue the course from the employer must be attached to rhe from).
4. MASTER DEGREE OF HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS &YOGIC SCIENCE (department of Sanskrit): Any graduate from a recognized University with P.G Diploma in Yoga (minimum one year course).
5. M.A .IN WOMEN STUDIES:- Graduation in any discipline.
6. M.Sc. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (Department of Botany): Any Graduate from Science/ Engineering steams.
7. M.Sc. APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY (Department of Botany): Any Science Graduate having Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / LIFE Science / Agriculture / Forestry / Fishery / Horticulture / Environmental Science. Pass and Honours students of the above subjects with 50% marks in aggregate are eligible.
8. MASTER OF FISHERY SCIENCE (Department of Zoology): At least 2nd class Honours in Fishery Science / Zoology / Life Science or Chemistry with zoology /Fishery Science as pass subject or B.F.Sc. or a pass student with minimum 50% aggregate having Fishery Science/zoology/Life Science as core subject
Under U.G.C. Innovative Programme:
1. Development Journalism and Electronic communication, (Department of public Administration): Bachelor Degree in any discipline.
2. M.A. in Tourism and Heritage Management: (Department of AIHCA): Bachelor Degree in any discipline.
3. P.G. Diploma in Yoga Therapy &Education (Department of Sanskrit ): Any graduate from a recognized university
Last Date:Last date for submission of application form is 05.07.2010. Selection will be made on the basic of Entrance test.
Contact Details:Central Office,
Post Graduate Departments,
Utkal University, Vanivihar,
Read related articles: PG admissions 2010 Utkal University Admissions 2010
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...