MBA 031 : SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Max. Hours : 40
Unit I ( 8 Sessions)
Introduction: Basic Concept & Philosophy of Supply Chain Management; Essential features, Various flows
(cash, value and information), Key Issues in SCM, benefits and case examples.
Unit II (12 Sessions)
Logistics Management: Logistics as part of SCM, Logistics costs, different models, logistics sub-system,
inbound and outbound logistics, bullwhip effect in logistics, Distribution and warehousing management.
Purchasing & Vendor management: Centralized and Decentralized purchasing, functions of purchase
department and purchase policies. Use of mathematical model for vendor rating / evaluation, single vendor
concept, management of stores, accounting for materials.
Unit III (12 Sessions)
Inventory Management: Concept, various costs associated with inventory, various EOQ models, buffer stock
(trade off between stock out / working capital cost), lead time reduction, re-order point / re-order level fixation,
exercises –numerical problem solving , ABC, SDE / VED Analysis, Just-In-Time & Kanban System of Inventory
Unit IV (8 Sessions)
Recent Issues in SCM : Role of Computer / IT in Supply Chain Management, CRM Vs SCM, Benchmarkingconcept,
Features and Implementation, Outsourcing-basic concept, Value Addition in SCM-concept of demand
1. Raghuram G. (I.I.M.A.) - Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Macmillan, 1st Ed.)
2. Krishnan Dr. Gopal - Material Management, (Pearson,New Delhi, 5th Ed.)
3. Agarwal D.K. - A Text Book of Logistics and Supply chain management (Macmillan, 1st Ed.).
4. Sahay B.S. - Supply Chain Management (Macmillan, 1st Ed.)
5. Chopra Sunil and Peter Meindl - Supply chain management (Pearson, 3rd Ed.)
No responses found. Be the first to respond...