Meaning of Teaching Aids
As we all know that today's age is the age of science and technology. The teaching learning programmes have also been affected by it. The process of teaching - learning depends upon the different type of equipment available in the classroom.
Need of Teaching Aids
1) Every individual has the tendency to forget. Proper use of teaching aids helps to retain more concept permanently.
2) Students can learn better when they are motivated properly through different teaching aids.
3) Teaching aids develop the proper image when the students see, hear taste and smell properly.
4) Teaching aids provide complete example for conceptual thinking.
5) The teaching aids create the environment of interest for the students.
6) Teaching aids helps to increase the vocabulary of the students.
7) Teaching aids helps the teacher to get sometime and make learning permanent.
8) Teaching aids provide direct experience to the students.
Types of Teaching Aids
There are many aids available these days. We may classify these aids as follows-
. Visual Aids
. Audio Aids
. Audio - Visual Aids
1) Visual Aids
The aids which use sense of vision are called Visual aids. For example :- actual objects, models, pictures, charts, maps, flash cards, flannel board, bulletin board, chalkboard, overhead projector, slides etc. Out of these black board and chalk are the commonest ones.
2) Audio Aids
The aids that involve the sense of hearing are called Audio aids. For example :- radio, tape recorder, gramophone etc.
3) Audio - Visual Aids
The aids which involve the sense of vision as well as hearing are called Audio- Visual aids. For example :- television, film projector, film strips etc.
Importance of Teaching aids
Teaching aids play an very important role in Teaching- Learning process. Importance of Teaching aids are as follows :-
Teaching aids motivate the students so that they can learn better.
Through teaching aids , the teacher clarify the subject matter more easily.
3) Discouragement of Cramming
Teaching aids can facilitate the proper understanding to the students which discourage the act of cramming.
4) Increase the Vocabulary
Teaching aids helps to increase the vocabulary of the students more effectively.
5) Saves Time and Money
6) Classroom Live and active
Teaching aids make the classroom live and active.
7) Avoids Dullness
8) Direct Experience
Teaching aids provide direct experience to the students
|Guest Author: Ondina Pinseau 31 Aug 2012|
|I really liked this material.It´s just what I needed for my students in one of the Teacher Training course for this term. Thank you all.|
|Guest Author: VALENTINO NDEBELE 23 Apr 2013|
|A good teacher uses media(aids) to reap the above,leading to best pupil learning&success.|
|Guest Author: chetana madankar 26 Feb 2014|
|I like your opinion. This material is usefull to a teacher .|
|Guest Author: Benedicta Otegwui 18 Mar 2014|
|I like your answer. It really help me.|
|Guest Author: mahbub ahmed 04 Jun 2014|
|excellent points are mentioned. It will help us in our day to day life.|