Teaching Aids, Their Characteristics, Advantages , And How And Where To Use Teaching Aids
Teaching Aids are very necessary now a days for effective teaching. Teaching Aids have lot of advantages, characteristics and there are certain criteria of using teaching aids.
Characteristics of Good Teaching Aids
A few characteristics of good teaching aids are as follows :-
1) Teaching aids are large enough to be seen by the students for whom they are used.
2) Teaching aids are meaningful and they always stand to serve a useful purpose.
3) Teaching aids are upto the mark and upto date in every respect.
4) Teaching aids are simple , cheap and may be improvised.
5) Teaching aids are accurate and realistic.
6) Teaching aids are according to the mental level of the learners.
7) Their purpose may be informative but it is not just entertainment.
8) Teaching aids helps in realization of stipulated learning objects.
9) Teaching aids are really very useful and can be used in many lessons and at different class levels.
10) Teaching aids are useful for supplementing the teaching process but they cannot replace the teacher.
Advantages of Teaching Aids
1) Supplement in
2) Teaching aids makes
3) Teaching aids provide
4) Teaching aids are helpful in
of the students.
5) Teaching aids saves
time and energy
6) Teaching aids encourages the
healthy classroom interaction
7) Teaching aids helps the teacher to
for teaching the beginners.
8) Teaching aids are helpful in creating
9) Teaching aids are helpful in meeting
10) Teaching aids helps in providing
to the pupils.
11) Teaching aids enable the children to
retain language items
for a longer time.
12) Teaching aids gives
to the learning situation.
13) Teaching aids makes the
abstract ideas concrete
and thus help in making learning more effective.
14) Teaching aids provide
good substitutes for the real objects
as they make learning equally meaningful.
15) Teaching aids help in the
development of various skills
such as, how to draw a diagram of the topic among the students.
How to Use Teaching Aids ?
1) Teaching aids should be
simple and brief
2) Teaching aids should be
related to the objectives
3) Teaching aids should be
to be seen by all the students.
4) Teacher must use proper teaching aids according to the
interest of the student
5) Teaching aids should be
prepared and planned in advance
6) Teaching aids should be properly selected according to the
physical and mental level
of the student.
7) Teaching aids should be colorful and should have
on the lesson.
8) Teaching aids should be
meaningful and interesting
Where to Use Teaching Aids ?
1) When the subject is for
remove in time
2) Where the subject is
too far , distance
to be actually seen.
3) Where the subject is
to be seen by the whole class.
4) Where the subject is
to be bought in the class.
5) Where the growth of the
process is slow
Role of education and teacher all over the world and importance of teaching aids
Teaching Aids and What is the aim of the use of teaching aids?
Modern teaching aids-worthwhile or worthless?
Optimize the use of modern teaching aids to get the best
How Modern Teaching Aids Have Benefits And Drawbacks
Modern teaching aids in combination with traditional aids are the tools for effective teaching
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Teaching Aids, Their Characteristics, Advantages , And How And Where To Use Teaching Aids"
Guest Author: nicholas Osambo 13 Jan 2015
It's pleasure to found what I want in research study
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.