Procedure for getting education loan in PNB
This resource gives the procedure to apply for an education loan in Punjab National Bank(PNB).
Punjab National Bank (
) is provides education loan under the scheme '
'. Hence a lot of students opt for an
education loan in PNB
. Here is the procedure to get education loan in PNB.
Procedure to get an education loan in PNB
1. You must have an
. Open a bank account if you do not have a PNB bank account.
2. You have to submit the
education loan amount
as per the education fees and overall expenses of the education.
3. There is no security requirement for a loan amount of less than Rs. 4 lakhs. You need security for a loan amount greater than 4 lakhs.
4. Go to any PNB branch and ask for an
education loan application form
5. Go through all the sections in the loan application form and clear all your doubts regarding form filling from the PNB bank employees.
6. Do not feel shy to ask even the smallest of the doubts. Always fill the form under the guidance of the
employee of PNB
. It happens that we are unaware of most of the items to be filled in various sections. Many times, most of the sections need not be filled at all.
7. You need to submit the attested copies of the documents to be required along with the form. The list of the documents required is given below. If any documents are missing, your application might get rejected.
8. Submit the application form to the education loan section in PNB. Your application will be approved within a few days.
9. If the application is rejected, it might be due to some incorrect data or some missing documents. Make the necessary changes and your loan will get approved.
10. The required education loan amount is deposited in your PNB bank account in installments. Many times, the entire amount may also be deposited if the amount is less than Rs. 4 lakhs.
11. You have to repay the education loan after the completion of education starting from a year from your job.
12. Failing to do so, your assets given might be confiscated by the bank.
Documents required for education loan in PNB
Here is a list of all the
documents required for PNB loan
to be attached with the education loan application form in PNB.
1. Completely filled education loan application as mentioned above
2. 3 Passport size photographs
3. Proof of Address(Permanent) – Light bill, propert tax bill, etc
4. Age Proof – Birth Certificate, passport
5. Mark sheets of the last qualifying exam.
6. Letter of admission in professional, technical or vocational courses. Admits for various Universities is what is required
7. Prospectus of the course wherein charges like Admission Fee, Examination Fee, Hostel Charges etc. are mentioned.
8. Details of Assets & Liabilities of parents.
9. If the candidate is applying for loan abroad, photocopy of Passport & Visa.
Benefits education loan in PNB - Vidyalakshapurti scheme
Depending upon the merit of the students, the rate of interest is adjusted. Also, the time to recover the amount is adjusted depending on the rank of the students. Also, the loan amount is sanctioned at a fast rate relatively to any other
education loan applicant
. There are various other benefits of the education loan scheme in the PNB. Visit the official website the Punjab National Bank for more details.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Procedure for getting education loan in PNB"
Guest Author: sucharu sharma 25 Aug 2012
thanks for this information. but i would like to know about one thing that if there is any supply pending during the course in any semester. does it affects the loan scheme.
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Chaitali Ray ...
Last 7 Days
Chaitali Ray Chaudhuri (Datta)
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.
Click the "Follow" button above to follow Tony John