IB School Curriculum and List of IB schools in India
IB is short for International Baccalaureate, It is an education board imparting education to students. Read this article to know more about the IB schools and list of various IB schools in India
is short for
. It is an education board similar to CBSE or state boards imparting education to students. Read this article to know more about the IB schools and list of various IB schools in India
What is an IB school?
IB is short for International Baccalaureate.
International Baccalaureate Organisation
(IBO) is an organization which based in Switzerland. It is an education board similar to ICSE or CBSE. The entire curriculum and scheme of examination lies solely in the hands of this organization. IB schools are becoming very famous in India due to their worldwide acceptance. In India also, the demand of IB schools is increasing dur to the practical oriented teaching and curriculum in the IB schools. The IB schools follow the curriculum formed by the
and are also commonly called as
IB world school
Educational programmes in IB school
IB education system
recognizes three programmes which are similar to the primary, secondary and higher secondary equivalent.
1. PYP: The Primary Years Programme
Standards included in the PYP: KG to 5th standard
Equivalent in CBSE and state boards: Pre-Primary and Primary school
Age of students: 3 years to 11 years
2. MYP: The Middle Years Programme
Standards included in the PYP: 6th standard to 10th standard
Equivalent in CBSE and state boards: Secondary school
Age of students: 12 years to 16 years
3. DP: The Diploma Programme
Standards included in the DP: 11th standard and 12th standard
Equivalent in CBSE and state boards: Higher Secondary school
Age of students: 17 years to 18 years
Various subjects taught in IB schools
Subjects taught in The Primary Years Programme are as follows:
1. Mathematics (primary level)
2. Science (primary level)
4. Social Studies (primary level)
5. Physical Education
6. Art and Craft
Subjects taught in The Middle Years Programme are as follows:
1. Algebra (included in secondary level Mathematics)
2. Geometry (included in secondary level Mathematics)
3. Physics (included in secondary level Science)
4. Chemistry (included in secondary level Science)
5. Biology (included in secondary level Science)
6. History (included in secondary level Social Science)
7. Geography (included in secondary level Social Science)
8. First Language
9. Second Language
10. Physical Education
11. Art and Craft
Curriculum for The Diploma Programme in IB schools
Subjects taught in The Diploma Programme are as follows:
1. Mathematics (higher level)
2. Science (higher level)
3. First Language – Compulsory English
4. Second Language
5. Individuals and Societies
6. Electives (choice from visual Arts, Computer Science and several others)
Compulsory courses for The Diploma Programme
1. Theory of Knowledge(TOK): Technical Essay writing and presentation program
2. Extended Essay(EE): Original research paper presentation
3. Creativity, Action and Service(CAS): Sports, cultural activities or any other creative activity
Benefits of IB schools in India
Here is a list of all the benefits of IB schools
Recognition of IB schools
around the world. Education from IB schools is recognized and welcomed all around the world. For higher education, doctoral admission, IB school candidate is given admission easily without much rigorous procedure for admission
2. There are various scholarships all round the world for technical graduate and post graduate courses for the students completing the curriculum from IB schools.
3. For jobs, IB school students are preferred over other students as it is internationally recognized schooling
4. Practical oriented curriculum in IB schools makes the student strong and confident. IB schools prepares and develops the students for the practical life outside.
5. The various compulsory programs such as seminar and essay presentation develop the child at Diploma level itself. He becomes technically very smart and intelligent.
6. The IB school student also becomes active in extra curricular activities such as sports, drama competition, cultural activities and social service as these are mandatory in the
syllabus of IB schools
Drawbacks of IB schools in India
There is only one major drawback while considering giving
IB school education to your child
. There are more than 2000 engineering colleges and more than 3000 technical graduate colleges in India. A lot of the colleges have staff and people recruited from the local area. It is very unlikely that many colleges have heard of IB schools. So, some problems might occur for admissions in the Universities and colleges in India.
List of IB schools in India and websites of IB schools in India
There are more than 50 IB schools in India. Some of the most reputed IB schools are as follows:
1. Podar World School
2. Jamnabai Narsee School
3. Ahmedabad International School
4. Bangalore International School
Website : www.bangaloreinternationalschool.com
5. Choithram International
Website : www.global.choithramschool.com
6. DPS International
Location: New Delhi
Website : www.dpsi.ac.in
7. The International School of Hyderabad
Website : www.ishyd.org
8. M.C.T.M. Chidhamabaram Chettyar Foundation
9. Mercedes-Benz International School
10. Vishwashanti Gurukul
11. Greenwood High – International Day cum Residential School
No.8-14, Chickkawadayarapura, Near Heggondahalli
Gunjur Post, Varthur Sarjapur Road, Bangalore-560087
Phone : +91 80 27822888
Fax : +91 80 27822200
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "IB School Curriculum and List of IB schools in India"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Sheo Shankar Jha
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.