Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » General
CE1354 DESIGN OF RC ELEMENTS
ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI :: CHENNAI 600 025
B.E. CIVIL ENGINEERING
CE1354 DESIGN OF RC ELEMENTS 3 0 0 100
This course covers the different types of philosophies related to Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures with emphasis on Limit State Method. The design of Basic elements such as slab, beam, column and footing which form part of any structural system with reference to Indian standard code of practice for Reinforced Concrete Structures and Design Aids are included. At the end of course the student shall be in a position to design the basic elements of reinforced concrete structures.
1. METHODS OF DESIGN OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES 9
Concept of Elastic method, ultimate load method and limit state method – Advantages of Limit State Method over other methods – Design codes and specification – Limit State philosophy as detailed in IS code – Design of flexural members and slabs by working stress method – Principles of Design of Liquid retaining structures – Properties of un-cracked section – Calculation of thickness and reinforcement for Liquid retaining structure
2. LIMIT STATE DESIGN FOR FLEXURE 9
Analysis and design of one way and two way rectangular slab subjected to uniformly distributed load for various boundary conditions and corner effects – Analysis and design of singly and doubly reinforced rectangular and flanged beams
3. LIMIT STATE DESIGN FOR BOND, ANCHORAGE SHEAR & TORSION 9
Behaviour of RC members in bond and Anchorage - Design requirements as per current code - Behaviour of RC beams in shear and torsion - Design of RC members for combined bending shear and torsion.
4. LIMIT STATE DESIGN OF COLUMNS 9
Types of columns – Braced and unbraced columns – Design of short column for axial, uniaxial and biaxial bending – Design of long columns.
5. LIMIT STATE DESIGN OF FOOTING AND DETAILING 9
Design of wall footing – Design of axially and eccentrically loaded rectangular footing – Design of combined rectangular footing for two columns only – Standard method of detailing RC beams, slabs and columns – Special requirements of detailing with reference to erection process.
TOTAL : 45
1. Varghese, P.C., “Limit State Design of Reinforced Concrete”, Prentice Hall of India, Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
2. Krishna Raju, N., “Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures”, CBS Publishers & Distributors, New Delhi
1. Jain, A.K., “Limit State Design of RC Structures”, Nemchand Publications, Rourkee
2. Sinha, S.N., “Reinforced Concrete Design”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi
3. Unnikrishna Pillai, S., Devadas Menon, “Reinforced Concrete Design”, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...