AMCAT Detailed Syllabus
1. Synonyms/Antonyms/Word Meaning (Vocabloury)
2. Complete the Sentence (Grammar)
3. Spot error/Correct sentence (Grammar/sentence construction)
4. Sentence Ordering (Comprehension skills)
5. Questions based on passage (Comprehension skills)
1. Basic Math Understanding and Algrebra: Decimals, fractions, powers, HCF, LCM, Solving equations, etc.
2. Word Problems
3. Understanding of Logarithms and exponents
4. Permutation and Combination, Probability
Reasoning and Logical Ability
1. Analogical Reasoning: Analogy and Classification questions
2. Deductive Logic: Statement-Conclusion, Statement-Assumption, Data-sufficiency type, Syllogisms, etc.
3. Pattern Recognition: Coding and Decoding Questions, Alphabet Test
4. Composition of Complex relations: Blood Relation, Direction Understanding, Logical Word Sequence
5. Reasoning Puzzles, Theme Detection
Computer Programming Principles and Application
This test is based on no particular programming language. The test is completely language independent and tests the programming and algorithm development concepts of the candidate. The topics include:
1. Structure and constructs of Computer Programs
a. Programming flow, Procedures, Functions and Arguments, Methods
b. Data-types, how data is stored in computers, input/outpu, manipulation, methods of referencing and assessing data (including pointers).
c. Iteration, decision-making, recursions
d. Algorithm Complexity: Space and time Complexity, Asymptotic Notation
e. Compilation, Linking and Execution; debugging, kinds of errors.
2. Data-structures and Basics Algorithms
a. Data Storage Methods: Linked lists, Arrays, Queues, Stacks, Trees, Heaps, Hash tables, graphs; Stress on which data structure to use for a given application
b. Data retrieval, Insertion of new data, merging of data from two data structures
c. Data search and sorting, Methods of array sorting and trade-off
3. Object Oriented Programming Concepts
a. Classes, objects and methods
b. Data Encapsulation, Data hiding, Inheritance
c. Polymorphism, Overloading, Abstraction
For AMCAT Sample Paper Click the link below