New Member FAQ
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Join our online
for Bloggers, Content Writers and Webmasters
Concept of individual difference
What is the meaning of individual difference
Concept of individual difference
Individuals that separate them from one person another and make one as a unique individual in oneself are termed as individual differences.
Osborne considers individual differences as dissimilarity between persons that distinguish them from one another.
The nature of individual differences can be summarized as follows
1) Individual difference are one of degree, not one kind.
All persons do have common human traits. But the amount and proportions of such traits differ from person to person leading to uniqueness of personality and behaviors the concept of individual differences refers to quantitative differences found among individuals in respect of a specific traits or various traits.
2) Normal distribution of traits
All measures of traits that contribute to individual difference tend to distribute themselves according to the laws of normal probability curve.
3) There exist both inter-individual and intra-individual differences.
Individuals not only differ among themselves with respect to a specific trait but differences may be also noticed within the same individual when he is studied in respect of various traits.
Educational significance of individual difference
Some of the important implications of individual difference in education are the following:
1)As far as possible individual method of instruction may be adopted.
2) As every student has his peculiar differences individual attention should be paid by the teacher.
3) As individuals differ in their interest and abilities a large number of subjects of study should be provided by the school, so that student may have wide choices in selection of the subject they offer for study.
4) Individual differences call for individualized curriculum, methods of teaching, evaluation techniques etc.
5) Individual differ widely in their abilities needs interest aptitude attitude etc. Therefore it is essential that arrangements should be made to provide educational and vocational guidance to the pupils individually
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Concept of individual difference"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Concept of intelligence
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Historical research and education
Five kingdom system of classification
Ways to achieve personal freedom and a successful life
Visualization and relationship - meaning
How to communicate in public?
Tag posting guidelines
Concept of individual difference.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
AdSense Revenue Sharing sites
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.