Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Computer & Technology
Samsung Galaxy Tab Android Touchscreen Tablet PC features, specs, review and price in India
The Samsung Galaxy Tab is one of the best competitors to the Apple iPad. So does it pave the way for the future. A review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet, one of the best and top tablets and it's features, specifications and price in India will be discussed in this article.
Samsung Galaxy Tab unveiled and India Price and Release Date discussed
It is amazing to see how quickly in an overnight, a new breed of technology is born. One of the amazing new technology has to be the (re)invention of the Tablet PC. While tablets were around for quite some time ago, it was in a niche category where only a few consumers would spend their money on. Of course, touchscreens a few years back were of inferior quality and far from perfection. But, the year 2010 has changed it all with a sudden burst of touchscreen displays coming up and the technology improving every year. It was only a matter of time before the big boys decided to bring this category back from the tech. Apple, Samsung, HP, Dell, Toshiba, ASUS, Acer, Lenovo, etc. have all joined the tablet bandwagon and it's not surprising anymore that new tablets are being unveiled everyday. While only the Apple iPad has been touted as the best tablet till date, Samsung decided it was enough and brought a warrior with their own - the Samsung Galaxy Tab Android Touchscreen Tablet. Featured in my list of the Top 5 Best Tablet PC review and price in India, it is indeed eye-catching and every gadget lover's dream device. Let me make a quick review of the features and specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Android Touchscreen Tablet Specifications
The specs of the Samsung Galaxy Tab is quite interesting. The main specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Tab are listed below-
- Display - 7-inch WSVGA TFT LCD (1024x600) multi-touch screen
- Processor - 1 GHz Cortex A8 processor with PowerVR SGX540
- Operating System - Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Front (3 MP with flash) and back (1.3 MP) cameras
- Connectivity - 3G, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, A-GPS, Bluetooth 3.0 and DLNA
- Storage - Upto 32 GB internal and upto 32 GB expandable with MicroSD
- More specifications available from Samsung Galaxy Tab Official Website.
These are the basic specifications, let us now check out the features at a glance.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Android Touchscreen Tablet Features and Review
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab has a large touchscreen which is a big plus for web surfing and a rich multimedia experience. But Samsung would have been better off putting an AMOLED screen instead of an LCD. A big bummer in truth
- Samsung Galaxy Tab run Android 2.2 Froyo which has been made pretty responsive by tweaks and changes made by Samsung however, Google themselves have made it clear that Android isn't a good choice for tablets until Android 3.x Gingerbread or Honeycomb is released
- The front and rear cameras is essentially what distinguishes the tablet from the Apple iPad and is a big bonus for someone shooting quite a lot of pics regularly and also for video chats
- The 1GHz processor is smooth and handles swipes and touches very well without any niggles and the storage capacity of upto 64 GB is good enough for storing a lot of data on the Galaxy Tab.
Samsung Samsung Galaxy Tab Android Touchscreen Tablet Release Date and Price in India
The Samsung Galaxy Tab hasn't been announced in India but the Samsung Galaxy Tab release date in India is set around the month of October and the price of the Samsung Galaxy Tab in India is around
40,000 28,000. The tablet has seen a drastic reduction in cost thanks to the introduction of the Apple iPad officially to the Indian market. Prospective buyers may now most certainly be interested with this.
While the Samsung Galaxy Tab did feature in my Top 5 Best Tablet PC review and price in India list, it is far from perfect and expect Samsung to come up with something better soon. The sudden boom in the tablet market has brought a slew of tablets from various companies and it would be great to see more and more concepts materialise. While we still might have to wait some time before much more harder to beat tablets arrive, signs at this moment are very encouraging and 2011 is a year worth looking forward to if you are interested or tablets are catching your eye.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...