How things work
How Does Refrigerator Work?
How things work
- This resource explain how do the domestic/commercial refrigerator system work. - It shows basic parts of the refrigerator system. - Capacity of the Refrigerator system is calculated in terms of Tonn of refrigerant.
* The basic refrigerator system works on VAPOR COMPRESSION SYSTEM principle.
* The system consists of following parts
1. Evaporator (Heart of Refrigeration system)
4. Expansion Valve (or Capillary Tube)
Figure in attachment shows the complete diagram of the system.
- The system consist of Refrigerant as working substance which continuously flows through the system. The refrigerant may be different depending on the application.
- The low pressure refrigerant in gaseous form enters the COMPRESSOR where it is compressed to high pressure and temperature gaseous form.
- The discharge from the compressor then enters the CONDENSER where it is cooled to high pressure liquid state by heat exchange process.
- The high pressure liquid refrigerant then passes through the EXPANSION VALVE where refrigerant is expanded into low pressure liquid.
- As low pressure liquid refrigerant having low boiling point enters the EVAPORATOR , it will start to evaporate by taking heat from surrounding i.e. liquid state is converted in to gaseous by heat of surrounding.
- Thus surrounding cools and again Cycle repeats for continuous refrigerating effect.
* Domestic refrigerators are available in liters of refrigerant capacities.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "How Does Refrigerator Work?"
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Complete the action items below to enter to win an iPad Mini from India Study Channel!
India Study Channel - Locker
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.