Health benefits of Chiku or Sapota fruits
Jayanta Datta Choudhury
Chiku is one of the best delicious and healthy tropical fruit cultivated in huge quantities in India, Pakistan and Mexico. This chiku fruit is commonly popular as sapodilla or sapota or sapote. This tropical fruit contains many healthy vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Chiku or sapota is brownish like potato outer surface. When this fruit ripes the pulp is very deliciously sweet and help for digestion along with many health benefits.
# Some of the health benefits of chiku or sapota:
1. Chiku or sapota contains rich dietary fiber making it a good laxative, Fibers in ripe, sweet and tasty chiku fruits help to prevent constipation.
2. Taking sufficient quantity of ripe chiku in raw form or as chiku shake will protect colon system preventing chances of colon cancer.
3. Chiku contains natural antioxidant properties. Hence eating this seasonal fruits will be the most effective natural health cure medicine to prevent viral, bacterial and parasitic effects in human internal organ system.
4. Vitamin A contents in ripe, sweet and delicious chiku fruits take care of vision, lung and oral health even at the old age also helping to enjoy younger happy life.
5. Vitamin C natural medicinal property in chiku is useful for maintaining healthy and shining skin texture.
6. Eating this delicious and healthy seasonal fruits will develop body resistance to fight against many infectious diseases throughout the year.
# Some types of preparation and serving system of ripe chiku:
To enjoy eating this healthy and nutritious fruits the following system of preparation and serving the fruits will make this fruit diet more delicious and attractive:
• Fresh ripe chiku fruit should be cut into four parts and after removing the seeds the sweet and tasty flesh can be taken directly to enjoy a different flavor taste.
• After removing the outer cover and inner seeds in equally cut four pieces this tasty fruits can be added to fruit salds.
• Sapota milk shake prepared with ripe and fresh chikus after removing outer skin and inner seeds in fruit mixer machine is very popular health diet.
• Processed sapota fruits are widely used in preparing ice-creams, cakes etc for its natural flavor along with addition of nutrition values in such popular food articles.
Read related articles:
Chikoo Health Benefits
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Health benefits of Chiku or Sapota fruits"
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Vijay Kumar ...
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.
Click the "Follow" button above to follow Tony John