Guys here is a list of books prescribed and preferable for you for this sem.
Pulse and Digital Circuits
1. Pulse, Digital and Switching Waveforms - J. Millman and H. Taub, McGraw-Hill, 1991. - - a lot of subject but very comprehensive . takes a lot of time to understand.
2. Pulse and Digital Circuits – A. Anand Kumar, PHI, 2005. --- simple and lucid language with a lot of examples.moreover its Indian author so it will be easy to read and cop with.many of the questions from are previous papers are direct questions asked from this text !!!
1. Automatic Control Systems 8th edition– by B. C. Kuo 2003– John wiley and son's.,
2. Control Systems Engineering – by I. J. Nagrath and M. Gopal, New Age International
(P) Limited, Publishers, 2nd edition. ------- both of the above are prescribed but as I said are foreign authors as usual .so a little bit of comprehensiveness.
3. control systems by nagoor kani.---- this is not a prescribed text book but see how many students love it.
The language is very easy and the toughest graphs part is explained in a very easy way.some topics are not present though but it doesn't matter.
Object Oriented Programming
1. The Complete Reference Java J2SE 5th Edition, Herbert Schildt, TMH Publishing Company Ltd,
NewDelhi. --- this is a very big big text book and all I can say is a sem's time is not enough for you to read it.so for java i recommend you only class notes.!!! Yes guys class notes is the best option for java.
Switching Theory and Logic Design
1. Switching & Finite Automata theory – Zvi Kohavi, TMH,2nd Edition.
2. Digital Design – Morris Mano, PHI, 3rd Edition, 2006. ------ friends both of them are excellent books with lots of concepts in them.no books covers all the concepts .so better prefer both and first try to identify which book has dealt with the topics more.and read those topics from that text book.
EM Waves and Transmission Lines
1. Elements of Electromagnetic – Matthew N.O. Sadiku, Oxford Univ. Press, 3rd ed.,
2. Electromagnetic Field Theory and Transmission Lines – G.S.N. Raju, Pearson Edn. Pte. Ltd., 2005.--- this text is simply superb and explains everything right from the basics.but you have to read it completely so that you will not skip any topics.
1. Principles of Communication Systems – H Taub & D. Schilling, Gautam Sahe, TMH, 2007 3rd Edition.
2. Communication Systems – B.P. Lathi, BS Publication, 2006.
3. Principles of Communication Systems - Simon Haykin, John Wiley, 2nd Ed.
Sanjay sharma is also a standard text book and you can prefer it also
Books of authors bakshi (technical publications) are also very good and you can as well opt them for good scoring for AC,STLD,EMTL,PDC subjects .
PDC – 1,2,3,7,8
CS – 1,2,3,4,8