Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...
Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
Syllabus of UPTU(B.Tech.Manufacturing Technology 3rd yr)Semester V-DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS
DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS
FUNDAMENTALS OF DESIGN:
Design Process – Computer aided design – Optimum design – Mechanical properties of materials – BIS system of designations of steel, plastics &rubbers. Types of loads – Stresses –Static, varying, thermal, impact and residue – Factor of safety –
Design against static load, modes of failure theories, Stress concentration factors –Preferred numbers.
Design against fluctuating load, Stress concentration, Stress concentration factors, fluctuating stress, fatigue failure, Endurance limit, design for finite & infinite life, soberer & Goodman criteria.
DESIGN OF GEARS
Design of gears – Spur, Helical, Bevel and Worm gears –Design of multistage speed reducers.
DESIGN OF BASIC MACHINE ELEMENTS AND JOINTS
Design of shafts, keys, couplings, journal bearings – Selection of rolling element bearings – Design of pin, riveted and welded joints – Screw fasteners – Power screws
DESIGN OF ENGINE PARTS
Design of piston - Connecting rod - Crankshafts - Flywheels
DESIGN OF SPRINGS
Design of Helical springs –Compression and tension – Leaf springs
1. V.B.Bhandari, "Design of Machine Elements", Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd, 1998.
2. R.S.Khurmi & J.K.Gupta, "A Text book of Machine Design" – S.Chand & Company (Ltd), New Delhi, 2004.
3. Bernard J.Harmrock, B O Jacobson, "Fundamentals of Machine Elements", McGraw-Hill, 1999
4. Sharma C.S., Kamlesh Purohit, "Design of Machine Elements", PHI 2003
5. T.J.Prabhu, "Design of Transmission Elements", Mani Offset Printers, Chennai 2004.
6. Design of machines Eliments-Dr.Sharma &agarwal-Kataria
7. Machine design-Dr.R.karwa
8. Machine design-Dr. Shadu Singh
9. Machine design-shigley, TMH
10. Design of machines Elements-M.F.Sports
11. Machine design-Malvee&hortman
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...