Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Education
GBTU B. Pharm Second semester syllabus Physical Chemistry
The syllabus of universities in changing after one complete session. Here I am posting the new syllabus of B. Pharm of Gautam Buddh Technical University formerly known as U.P. Technical University
Bachelor of Pharmacy
U.P. Technical University, Lucknow
Syllabus - First Year [Effective from session 2009-10]
PHARM-121 Physical Chemistry
1. Behaviour of gases : Kinetic theory of gases, deviation from ideal behaviour and
2. The liquid state : Physical properties (surface tension, parachor, viscosity, rheochor,
refractive index, optical rotation, dipole moment) and chemical constituents.
3. Amorphous and crystalline solids : geometry & symmetry of crystals, Millers indices,
types of crystals, Physical properties of crystals, crystal diffraction. 
4. Thermodynamics : Fundamentals, first, second, third and zeroth law, Joule-Thompson's
effect, absolute temperature scale.
5. Thermo chemistry : Definition & conventions, heat of reaction, heat of formation, heat of
solution, heat of neutralisation, heat of combustion, Hess law of constant summation, Bomb
calorimeter, bond energies, Kirchoffs equation. 
6. Solutions : Ideal and real solutions, solutions of gases in liquids, colligative properties.
7. pH : determination of PH buffers, theory of buffers.
8. Adsorption : Freurdlich and Gibbs adsorption Isotherms, Langmuir theory of adsorption. 
9. Electro chemistry : Faraday's laws of Electrolysis, Electric conductance & its
measurement, molar & equivalent conductivity and its variation with dilution. Kohlrausch law,
Arrhenius theory, degree of ionisation & Ostwald dilution law. Transport number & migration
of ion, Hittorfs theoretical device, theory of strong elecrolytes (Debye Huckle theory). 
10. Chemical kinetics : Zero, first and second order reaction, complex reactions, elementary
idea of reaction kinetics, characteristics of homogenous and heterogeneous catalysis, acid
base and enzyme catalysis.
11. Phase equilibria : Phase, component, degree of freedom, phase rule (excluding derivation).
Cooling curves & Phase diagrams for one & two component system involving eutectics,
congruent & incongruent melting point (examples-water, sulphur, KI-H2O, NaCI-H2O
system). Distribution law & application to solvent extraction. 
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...