My Interview Experience
SBI associate banks:Probationary Clerks Interview Experience
Posted Date: 18-Feb-2011
My Interview Experience
A brief description of my interview for the post of clerks in STATE BANK OF TRAVANCORE
I would like to give a brief description of my interview for the post of clerks in State bank of travancore. It was my first interview experience. I was very tensed. When I reached there, I could find that there were 6 panels in various rooms and the complexity of interviewing was different for each panel. I had got some tips on how to appear for the interview from some articles online and from newspapers .It guided me well.
Since I had an exam of my B.tech the same day I had to dedicate time to prepare for both .Hence I was really tensed as I wanted both to turn out well.Anyways I wished to present myself to the best I could.The funniest part was that both were scheduled to be at the same time: 9am.But I could obtain permission from the interview authorities to postpone my interview to afternoon session.
Finally I wrote my exam and left to the hotel were the interview was taking place, without even having my lunch as I was very much tensed. I reached there 1hr before the scheduled time .Afternoon session had already started. I sat there reading that day's newspaper. I had to wait for a long time (about 3 hrs). Since I postponed my interview to the afternoon session, I happened to be the last one to be interviewed. I tried to gain confidence by closing my eyes and taking deep breaths. My sitting there for a long time actually helped me a lot. But still I was tensed hearing about various panels, the questions they were asking etc from other candidates who had already given their interviews.
Time went on and finally 10 of us were left. We were led to another room and was called one by one. I was the second last one for the day and got the last panel. My turn finally came. I gained confidence before entering room and with full belief in myself knocked at the door and asked for permission to enter the room. The interview panel gave the permission and I entered. I walked with straight smiling face towards them. They were 3 of them-a lady and 2 gentlemen.
I greeted them-first the lady and the gentlemen. The lady member asked me about my exam and I replied it was ok. Then she asked to give a self introduction. I introduced
myself. Then started the formal interview questions like current affairs,books,general awareness,etc. Some of the questions were
1) Give a brief description about my school
2) List some banking jobs
3) What is 24x7 channel?
4) Who is a notary public?
5) What are the purposes of an ATM card?
6) Who is the author of Sherlock Holmes?
7) My signature resembles butterfly and hence they asked me about butterfly parks in India. I said I was not aware of that and hence they asked me to tell the different stages in the lifecycle of a butterfly(I later understood that they wanted to check candidates' aptitude towards such questions,patience,and language skills ,body language etc by asking such questions since we `ve to handle different type of people at bank counters )
8)Since I was pursuing btech,they asked me why i wanted to join a bank instead of an IT company.
Thankfully I was able to answer almost all questions except one or two. All that I knew, i was able to answer with confidence. They started asking from the point where I stopped; hence I answered each question carefully. When the interview was over I thanked them and walked towards the door happily. I was confident that I was able to perform somewhat well. And when the results came my name was there in the list.
I would like to share some points to be taken care of before appearing for an interview.
1. You should be well and neatly dressed and it should be a formal one. No heavy accessories must be there especially girls so as to showcase that to everyone.
2. You should keep a file with you. Better to buy a file with thin plastic sheets that are available in different ranges such as 10 sheets, 20 sheets etc. This helps you to arrange
your mark sheets, interview letter, and other documents separately and neatly .
3. Keep a good pen along with the file
4. You should be aware of the current affairs, current social issues etc and should be well aware of the subject/area concerned with job applied for.
5. Have confidence in yourself.
6. Every interview mostly starts with a self introduction and hence days before the interview you should prepare a good self introduction and speak to yourself in front of a mirror so that you can make the first impression a best one. If possible attend maximum number of mock interviews.
TCS Placement Experience
Quality Of The Interviewers And The Interviews
Infosys Placement Experience
My Friend's Interview at TCS
Accenture Placement Experience
Infosys Interview Experience
TCS Interview Experience
The simplest interview of my life- at Infosys.
My interview experience at Etech
My Infosys Interview for Campus Selection
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "SBI associate banks:Probationary Clerks Interview Experience"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
V K Mahato
Last 7 Days
j r kumar
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.