Super Moon Myth And Truth
The recent devastation of Japan is linked to super moon phenomena. This write-up helps you know about super moon and its background and effects of moon on earth.
Moon is satellite of the Earth. It travels around in elliptical orbit rather than circular manner. As it is elliptical path there are chances for moon to go at farthest point as well as nearest point. Nearest point is called
and farthest point is called apogee.
What is super moon?
As moon travels in elliptical orbit, moon's distance towards earth actually varies. When moon comes very near to earth, means in perigee it seems bigger than usual days. This bigger moon is considered as super moon.
Extreme super moon
Super moon on perigee may not be full moon always. But, on March 19, 2011, it is going to be the full moon day. It means on that day, it is going to be at perigee as well as full moon. Full moon at perigee is called extreme super moon.
What is natural effect of moon on earth?
- Ebb and flow of ocean tides happen due to gravity of moon. On full moon and new moon days it is a bit further.
- Earth tides; Chances of earthquakes at the times of full moon. (Earthquakes are natural phenomena, it is not something gory and it happens every day on earth, but we are unable to observe, but only we can observe is bigger ones.)
- Volcano response is higher on the days of full moon and new moon.
Previous super moons and effects
- In the years of 1955 and 1992, there were calamities on eve of super moon.
- In the year of 1974, cyclone Tracy devastated Australia.
- In 2005, two weeks before super moon, tsunami touched Indonesia, which created
super moon myth
rapid rumour now.
- The Japan devastation by earthquake, subsequent tsunami and
nuclear reactor meltdown
made it like wild fire rumour.
Astrologers Vs Astronomers
, who coined the term "Super moon", says there is going to be chaos.
Coming to astronomers, super moons and disasters are only coincidence.
Super moon and my advice
: I suggest you to do one thing on March 19, 2011 evening. Have a flexible chair and some eatables and enjoy the 30% brighter and 15% bigger moon than normal moon we see every day. God bless all.
Super Moon Lunar Event Date, Causes And Effects
The Super Moon on March 19 2011
Read related articles:
2011 Super Moon event
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Super Moon Myth And Truth"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
M. K. Singh
Hafeezur Rahman P
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.