Highlights Of India Census Report
This write-up helps you know about India population report 2011. After a tedious home-to- home counting of population by officers, teachers and others, Indian government has released the census report on March 31, 2011.
India population report 2011
- India's population has reached to 1.21 billion.
- There is an increase of 181 million people during 2010-11.
- The growth rate of population is reduced in this 15th census data. The growth rate is 17.64% while 1991-2001 has 21.15%.
- Population comprises of 623.7 million men.
- Females are 586.5 million in the population of 1.21 billion.
- Indians percentage in world population is 17.5%.
- Uttar Pradesh has 199 million people and topped in population consisting states.
- Lakshadweep is least populated with 64,429 when states and Union Territories are taken in account.
- Sex ratio: 914:1000. This confirms again less preference and discrimination towards girl-child.
- Literacy rate has gone up to 74. 04% in 2011 census report. Literacy rate for 1991-2001 is 64.83%. There seems an increase in 9.21% in literacy. This is a good sign for India.
Largest populated states according to 2011 report
1. Uttar Pradesh- It consists of sixteen percent of total population of India.
2. Maharashtra – It consists of nine percentage of total population of India.
3. Bihar - It consists of nine percentage of total population of India.
4. West Bengal – It consists of eight percentage of total population of India.
5. Andhra Pradesh - It consists of seven percentage of total population of India. To know more details, visit
Andhra Pradesh population report 2011
Significant issues in Indian population report 2011
- Population growth rate is decreased.
- Literacy rate is increased.
- Female sex ratio is decreased from 933 in 1991-2001 to 914 in 2001-11.
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Highlights Of India Census Report"
03 Apr 2011
This is to thank you for sharing such an useful article.
I hope this would inspire other members to share such kind of articles. Please keep on doing the good work.
Wish you success in the coming days. Thanks once again for sharing this useful article.
Guest Author: arka 12 Jan 2012
your report is not completely flawless as indian government yet not published the final census report of 2011 but only provisional census report has been declared . You should have been mentioned that.
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
K. Singh ...
Last 7 Days
K. Singh ...
Hafeezur Rahman P
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.