What to do after Class 10th (Class X)?
The result of 10th class is not yet declared. Nowadays the schools are teaching students how to choose best subject after 10th class. Students should take proper attention while selecting the subjects or stream after 10th. This article will help all the students to decide that they should enter into which stream after class X. Also, some important factors while selecting subjects after Class 10th (Class X) or Class 12th (Class XII)
There are three main streams from which you can choose subjects for class 11th after
exams of class X
. These are
Science, Commerce and Arts.
Whichever the stream is, students have to choose any five subjects. Sometimes, the students select one additional subject in order to
score higher percentage.
Science stream after Class 10th (Class X)
Students opting for science stream have to choose English, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects. Other than this, you have the option to choose Biology or Maths with a vocational subject. You can also choose Biology and Maths without any vocational subject. The students who want to do
engineering after class 10th
should choose Maths and those who want to opt for
medical after Class 10th
should choose Biology. If any student want to course like
biotechnology or nanotechnology
should select the combination of Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology.
• Some students choose Economic along with Science. They feel that this would be helpful when they will study
management after Engineering
. But this does not happen because in Class 12th, you study much basics of Economics which is not must useful during Management. However, if you select both Maths and Economics then it's a good combination.
• Students of Science stream could enter into Commerce and Arts other than Science. But if they will enter into Commerce stream then they need to score more marks than Commerce students.
Commerce stream after Class 10th (Class X)
Students entering into Commerce stream have to select Accounts, Business Studies, English and Economics. Other than this, you can choose Maths. But if you don't want to opt for Maths, then you choose any subject out of sociology or physiology.
• Most of the students don't opt Commerce and Maths simultaneously. This is wrong. Actually, Maths is the base of Commerce. Thus the students who are selecting Commerce stream in Class 11th must opt Maths. Students who are weak in Maths should avoid Commerce also.
• Maths is also compulsory if you want to take admission in B.Com (Hons.).
Humanities (Arts) after Class 10th (Class X)
It has English as compulsory subject and a second language like French, Sanskrit or Hindi. Optional subject include Political Science, Sociology, Geography, Physiology, Economics, History, etc.
Some important factors while selecting subjects after Class 10th (Class X) or Class 12th (Class XII)
• While selecting subject for any class, remember the rule: interest in subject and performance of student in that subject. Choose the subject in which you have interest. Don't choose a subject just to follow your friends or relatives.
• If you are much willing in continuing your studies or to make your career in the future in a subject, then there is no fun in selecting that subject.
• While selecting a combination of subjects, consider the fact that which opportunities you will get by adopting this combination. Also consider that which opportunities you will lose by adopting this combination. Both factors are equally important to consider.
• Most of the students of Class X are unable to decide that what they have to do in future. Thus it is better to choose five options of your choice and then take such combinations by which these five options don't get any hindrance.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Nidhi is a freelance content writer with 5+ years experience. She has great passion to write on valuable topics so as to provide accurate information to her readers. She is also keen to provide employment to all Indians and so posts various job openings too in this website.
304 articles authored by Nidhi
Responses to "What to do after Class 10th (Class X)?"
Dr. Sukhdev Roy Shukla
22 Apr 2011 Member Level:
Yes, Nidhi. It is quite informative. In fact every student faces this dilemma after appearing in exam for class X. Based on the guidance he gets from his parents, teachers, senior students and sometimes peer group even, some are resolute to join a particular stream but some are driven by their performance in the exam. School counsellors can play a great role in helping the students to decide. Parents wishes alone should not prevail over abilities and interests of the students.
Guest Author: Nandini 21 Jul 2014
Is msca course easy??
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Chaitali Ray ...
Last 7 Days
Chaitali Ray Chaudhuri (Datta)
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.