About SAISAI stands for Sports Authority of India. It is a body created in the year 1984 as a registered society under the aegis of Department of Sports, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India with its headquarters at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Complex, New Delhi. The body aims to promote sports activities throughout India.
What is 'Come and Play' Scheme This scheme was initiated by Sports Authority of India in collaboration with Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports at different SAI Stadium Complexes in Delhi in May 2011 so that sports facilities of Sports Authority of India (SAI) can be fully utilised by general public. Under Come and Play' Scheme, all the five stadiums of SAI are opened for public. Sportsperson can submit the registration and can practice for their sports by paying very low fees. Main objective of this scheme is to encourage local sports persons of the nation by providing them SAI sports facilities and training under coaches. Apart from this, it also creates a team of sportspersons from where they can be scouted and inducted into regular residential sports promotional schemes of SAI training centres (STC) and Special Area Games (SAG).
Eligibility criteria- Who can take benefit Here is a list of basic requirements to be eligible for this scheme.
- Mainly the age limit for candidates is 08- 17 years.
- The person must not be suffering from any contagious disease.
Stadiums opened for public by SAI
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
- Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, Near India Gate, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Stadium, I.T.O., New Delhi
- Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Swimming Pool Complex, Willingdon Crescent Road, New Delhi
- Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Ranges, Tughlakabad, New Delhi
- Different Regional Centres/Sub Centres/Academic Institutions/STC and SAG Centres
'Come and Play' Scheme application formTo apply for Come and Play' Scheme, you just need to download the registration form by clicking from http://www.sportsauthorityofindia.nic.in/showfile.asp?link_temp_id=69. After downloading the form, take a print put of the form and submit the duly filled form at the stadium where you want to do practice. You have to pay fees for doing practice under Come and Play' Scheme as mentioned below. Timing to submit fees and forms is 10:00 A.M. to 02:00 P.M. Other documents required for this purpose are-
- 02 passport size photographs of the applicant
- Residential Proof or address proof or Identity Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Copy of the Arms License (except for Air Rifle & Air Pistol) for Shooting
- Verification from Swimming Coach for swimming
Please note that the registration in Come and Play' Scheme is done under 'First come first serve' basis. So hurry up and send your registration form.
- For people of general category: Rs. 45
- For females and students of government schools: One-third of fees of general category people
- For people under poverty line, international sportspersons and national/state medal winners during last 3 years, children of SAI employees on yearly basis. : Free of cost
Sports covered under Come and Play' SchemeAlthough the sports discipline which are covered under this scheme are decided by the In-charge Regional Centre/Sub-Centre on the basis of available infrastructure, sports equipment and coaches of concerned stadium, following sports can be played by a sportsperson in the stadiums of SAI under Come and Play' Scheme:
- Swimming (Not for beginners)
- Judo Cricket
- Table Tennis
Facilities providedApart from providing vast spread playing area to the trainees, following facilities/ equipments are also offered-
- Non-consumable equipments like field, tables, net, mats, track, cycle, etc.
- Inescapable consumables equipments like balls, arrow, bow, stumps, shuttle-cocks, etc.
- Other equipments like bat, racquet, gloves, legpads, etc. will be brought by trainee himself/ herself.
Bring your membership card every time you visit stadium and should be shown to the authorized officer whenever asked to do so. We wish you a happy sporting!
Article by Nidhi
Nidhi is a freelance content writer with 5+ years experience. She has great passion to write on valuable topics so as to provide accurate information to her readers. She is also keen to provide employment to all Indians and so posts various job openings too in this website.
Follow Nidhi or read 317 articles authored by Nidhi
|Guest Author: Rishi raj 20 Aug 2014|
|Thanks now I know what I have to do|
|Author: elizabeth vinod 18 Feb 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 2|
|Very informative article about Come and Play facility by Sports Authority of India. It is a very good opening by SAI. Now general public also can have access to these facilities. This will also make our country prosper by enabling more people to activate in the sports they want to participate at a lower cost. More members can join and learn the sports and contribute different medals to our country which in future will make our country shine in the sports map of the world.|
|Guest Author: Bikash Chanda 21 Mar 2015|
|Where should I go to take the form and fill|
|Guest Author: Annu Pal 28 Mar 2015|
|I want to play hockey. How can I apply for it?|
|Author: Nidhi 01 Apr 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2|
|@Bikash Chanda: Go to the nearest stadium of Sports Authority of India.|
@Annu Pal: Yes, you can apply for playing hockey. Download the registration form from link provided above for this purpose and submit the duly filled forms at the stadium where you want to go.
|Guest Author: kishor kumar 15 Apr 2015|
|I want to be a boxer.|
|Guest Author: Monalisa Kapri 28 Apr 2015|
|I want to apply for swimming but I haven't done this before. Is it important to be an experienced one?|
|Guest Author: Akshit Khandelwal 14 May 2015|
|What is the timing of practice in stadium? I want to play football.|
|Guest Author: Aman Mishra 16 May 2015|
|What is the timing for badminton practice|