hiring content writers
to work from home
The Beacon lights used in India
Posted Date: 22-May-2011
This article contains the rule for beacon light use. How many colours of beacon light are permissible and which is used by whom under which Motor Vehicle Rule. What is the difference between the two Red beacon lights? Let common people to understand the reason as to respect the vehicle with beacon light and must provide way to an ambulance.
The beacon light on the car is a mark of importance and dignity. The people must respect the vehicle with the beacon light but there have been cases where few people have misused them as well.
Colours of Beacon light
There are three colours of beacon light permissible on the vehicles in India:
1. Red beacon
i. With flasher
ii. Without flasher
2. Amber Beacon
3. Blue Beacon
(Red Beacon light is most important and thus it has two sub categories.)
Law that governs the use of Beacon light
The law which governs the beacon and its colors is stated in
Clause III of rule 108, Central Motor Vehicles Rules
Which colour is permissible for who
Code of law for the beacon light to be used by who and how:
Red beacon (
3. Prime Minister
4. Former President
5. Deputy Prime Minister
6. Chief Justice of India
7. Speaker of the Lok Sabha
8. Cabinet Ministers of the Union
9. Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission
10. Former Prime Ministers
11. Leaders of the opposition in the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
12. Judges of the Supreme Court
13. Governors of States within and outside their respective States.
14. Chief Ministers of States within and outside their respective States.
15. Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary and High Commissioners of Commonwealth Countries accredited to India.
Red beacon (
1. Chief Election Commissioner
2. Comptroller and Auditor General of India
3. Deputy Chairman, Rajya Sabha
4. Deputy Speaker, Lok Sabha
5. Ministers of the State of the Union
6. Members of the Planning Commission
7. CBDT/CBEC chairman
8. Attorney General of India
9. Cabinet Secretary
10. Chiefs of Staff of the three services holding the rank of full General or equivalent rank
11. Deputy Ministers of the Union
12. Officiating Chiefs of Staff of the three services holding the rank of Lt. General or equivalent rank
13. Chairman, Central Administrative Tribunal
14. Chairman, Minorities Commission
15. Chief Commissioner of Income-tax/Customs&Central Excise
16. Chairman, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Commission
17. Chairman, Union Public Services Commission
18. Deputy Chief Ministers of States
19. Chief Justices of High Courts Within & Outside their respective jurisdictions.
20. Envoys Extraordinary and Ministers Plenipotentiary accredited to India
1. Revenue commissioners
2. District Collectors
3. Police Commissioners (junior ranks)
4. Police Superintendent
5. Commissioners and Additional Commissioners of Income Tax
6. Fire brigade vehicles
2. Police PCR
One must give way to the vehicle which are having the beacon lights and specially the Ambulances as they are running to save someone's life. So, honour the Blue Beacon light of the Ambulance while you are on road.
Ambulance with Red Beacon light (Wrong)
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "The Beacon lights used in India"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Retro look of seventies returns
RuPay card - Interbank Mobile Payment System - National Payments Corporation of India
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Retro look of seventies returns
Judicial standards and accountability bill provisions, merits and criticism
FEMA- Foreign exchange managemet act
How high must the flight of ambitions soar up
Meaning, Advantage and Process of Job Analysis
Quest for excellence and how to excel in various fields?
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.