Step by step guidance for paying online bill
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board has now implemented the online payment of electricity bill throughout the state. So from now you don't have to stand in the big queue or wait for the EB office to open for paying your bill. The method is very simple and you can pay your bill within minutes by sitting in front of a PC connected to internet. Let me guide you step by step to pay your electricity bill.
1. Open your browser (Internet explorer, chrome, Firefox) and go to www.tneb.in.
2. In the left corner of the website you can see the online payment option. Below it there will be a clickable link stating, "Online payment of Electricity Bill for LT consumers all over Tamil Nadu". Click the link.
3. You will be redirected to the login page. If you are new user, click the "New user sign up". You have the option for reading in Tamil too.
4. Fill in the details in the registration form. Service number and region are the key details which you should know while registering. Service number can be noted down from your card or your previous bills. Service number will be available in the left corner of your bill. It will be mentioned SC.No. Choose your region from the list. To clarify whether you are in North Chennai or South Chennai follow the link below,
Know Your Region
Once you give your service number and region, consumer name and address will be automatically entered. Name and username have nothing to do with name in the bill. You can register and pay your neighbor bill too once you know their service number. So the name in the top can be anyone and the username is for logging in. Remember your username and password for future payment.
5. Once the registration is over you can view the name of the EB account holder along with the amount to be paid. This will be updated every month automatically. If the bill is already paid then the status show paid and there will be no outstanding balance.
The only drawback which I noticed with the online payment as of now is the platform available to pay the bill. Rarely a few banks are available in the debit card and internet banking option. Lets hope that it will be rectified within a short span of time.
|Guest Author: PARVEEN 07 May 2013|
|Why not more banks be added in your net banking payment facility? I want corporation bank to be added in the list.|
|Guest Author: K.Arulnathan 30 Oct 2013|
|Dear sir, I am planing to pay my electrical bill in online so please help me.|
|Guest Author: S.RAVINDRAN 07 May 2014|
|I have tried so many times to do new register. But tangedco email reply is very poor response.Then paying Online payment is also difficulty one . Let them make more simple way|