Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » General
Proposed nuclear power plants in India, their capacity and drawbacks of nuclear power
In this article I shall let you know regarding purposed nuclear power plant in India, existing power plant in India with capacity, overview of the electricity, future requirement of electricity in India, drawbacks of nuclear power plants. India has shortage of the electricity. To fulfill the requirement of electricity India government is implementing new nuclear power plant in India.
These days there is shortage of electricity in India. The demand of the electricity is increased in India at the rate of 9% annually. Government is trying his best to fulfill the demand of power by introducing the new power plant projects in India whether its nuclear powers plant, thermal plants, coal based power plant or gas based power plants. There are lots of powers projects are approved by the government of India. For the effort to fulfill the demands of electricity in India, Government are signed the memorandum of understanding with united states America for new seven nuclear power plant in India at different states. This nuclear plant will help to fulfill the 10% demand of electricity in India. At present India have six nuclear power plants are running in India by nuclear corporation of India. For increasing the nuclear power in India, Indian government is proposed to setup more seven more nuclear power plant in different parts of India. The fuel used in nuclear power plant is uranium. This is very toxic substance. With the implement of new seven nuclear power, total number of nuclear power will be thirteen after commissioning of these nuclear power plant
Electricity generation and requirement in India in future
It is estimated that demand of electricity is required in India 8,00,000 MW by 2032, which is estimated on the basis of sustainable 8% growth. Government are planning to increase the capacity of all the nuclear power plants to produce electricity 35,000 MW by 2020 this nuclear power will increase 60,000 MW by 2032. At present India is producing electricity from nuclear power is 6780 MW.
Purposed nuclear power plant in India after Indo US deal
Jaitapur, nuclear power plant Maharashtra New purposed nuclear power plant Jaitapur Maharashtra is required around 965 acres of land for setup of the mega nuclear power plant. Jaitapur nuclear power plant has the capacity around 9900 MW. The technology and nuclear reactor will be supplied by the Francs Company Areva for this nuclear power plant. The cost for set up Jaitapur Nuclear Plant is around one lakh crore. The first two EPR Reactors will be commissioned by Areva in year2017-2018 and Areva will supply the nuclear fuel to these rectors for 25 years. The costing of these two reactors is around EUR 7 billons. This EUR 7 billons are 30% cost of total project. The EPR reactor is an advanced Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) which supplied to Jaitapur nuclear power plant by Aveva.
Haripur, nuclear power plant West Bengal The new purposed nuclear power plant Haripur, West Bengal is required round 1000 acres of land for setup this nuclear power plant. The location of the site is in coastal area of contain, East midnapur district. This location is 170 kilometer away from Kolkata. Six reactors will be used in this nuclear power plant. The capacity of each reactor is 1650 MW electricity. Haripur nuclear power plant has the capacity of 10,000 MW. Russia will supply the reactor and technology to Haripur nuclear power plant.
Koodankulam, nuclear power plant Tamil NaduNew purposed nuclear power plant Koodankulam, Tamil Nadu, This nuclear power plant have the capacity of 9200 MW. Two reactor of 1000 MW light water nuclear reactors are ready supplied by Russia's Atomstory Exports and commissioned in this year. Apart from this two nuclear reactor, four more nuclear water Pressurized reactor got the permission from the coastal zone regulations form environmental clearance from the environment ministry. Koodankulam nuclear power plant is construction in Koodankulam in the Tirunelveli district , Tamil Nadu.
Kovvada, nuclear power plant Andhra Pradesh The new purposed nuclear power plant Kovvada, Andhra Pradesh, is required 1916 acres of land for set of this nuclear power plant. The estimated cote of Kovvada nuclear power project is around one lakh crore. Kovvada nuclear power plant have the capacity of 8000 MW. Six reactors will be used in this nuclear power plant. The capacity of each reactor is 1000 MW electricity. The locution of Kovvda nuclear power plant is in ranasthalam mandal district srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh. The US technology is used in the Kovvada nuclear power project by General Electric Hitachi.
Mithi Virdhi, nuclear power plant Gujarat New purposed nuclear power plant Mithi Virdhi Gujarat, This nuclear power plant has the capacity of 6000 MW. There is requirement of 1000 acres of land for this project. Land is survived by government official two kilometers away from Mithi Virdi. The US technology is used in the Mithi Virdhi nuclear power project by General Electric Hitachi. Six reactors will be used in this nuclear power plant. The capacity of each reactor is 1000 MW.
Bargi or Chutkah, nuclear power plant Madhya Pradesh New purposed nuclear power plant Bargi/ Chutkah Madhya Pradesh, This nuclear power plant have the capacity of 1400 MW. This nuclear power plant has joint venture by Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd and NTPC last year with the partnership 51:49. Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd is plans to build indigenously-developed Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors of 2x700 MW capacities. Surveys are carried on different part of on Madhya Pradesh for land acquisition. This nuclear project related activities will start in 2012.
Kumhariya, nuclear power plant New purposed nuclear power plant Kumhariya Haryana, This nuclear power plant have the capacity of 2800 MW. Land required for this nuclear power plant is 2500 acres. Official are looking for 10,000 acres of land to avoid the radiations in that area. Four reactors will be used in this nuclear power plant. The capacity of each reactor is 700 MW electricity. NPICL is looking for land for this project in Fatehabad site which is located in villages Gorakhpur and Kumharia.
Existing Nuclear plants in India
1. Nuclear power plant Narora Uater Paredesh, this nuclear power plant have the capacity of 440MW.
2. Nuclear power plant Rawatbhata Rajasthan,this nuclear power plant have the capacity of 2580MW
3. Nuclear power plant Kakarpar Gujarat,this nuclear power plant have the capacity of 1840MW
4. Nuclear power plant Tarapur Maharashtra, this nuclear power plant have the capacity of 1400MW
5. Nuclear power plant Kaigo Karnataka, this nuclear power plant have the capacity of 880MW
6. Nuclear power plant Kalpakkam tamilNandu, this nuclear power plant have the capacity of 880 MW
Drawbacks of nuclear power
1. The radioactive waste from the nuclear power plant very hard to dispose. It takes thousands year to dispose
2. If there is an accident in the nuclear power plant. Then it's very hard to control the radioactive radiation from the nuclear power plant. Although designing of the nuclear power plant is safe. If there is any natural disaster. Then it very hard to control over the radioactive radiations. To avoid the effect of the radiations there should be around 35 kilometers area required. That is why high risk is involved in the nuclear power plant.
3. There is more chance of terrorist attack on the nuclear power to spread the more danger. Fuel used in the nuclear power plant is also used for making the nuclear weapon. That' why these nuclear power plants are in the radar of terrorist
4. Barren the fertile land. The land nears by the nuclear power plant loss its fertility due to its waste.
5. High capital is required for construction of the power plant, its safety and maintenance. For example construction of Jaitapur nuclear power plant there is estimate cost of this nuclear power plant is one lakh crore. This the big amount of money.
6. Nuclear power plants generate massive amounts of heat. In Pressurized Reactor sea water as a coolant. That super heated water from the plant is discharged into the sea. This water from the nuclear power plant will affect the sea life , like effect on the fishes, sea creatures.
7. Time span is required more for construction of the power plant. It usually takes 8-10 years.
8. Nuclear power plants are not mostly welcomed by the citizen of any country. Now all over the world people are against the nuclear power plant. Australia is the only country, which have no nuclear power plant so far now.
India is running through shortage of power. The demand of the power is more than generation. Indian government already take some firm steps to fight against the shortage of the electricity. Lots of power project in different part of India is on pipeline. We are hoping that demand of power supply will fulfill in the next coming years.
Read related articles: Nuclear Power Plant Nuclear Power Drawback Nuclear Plant Nuclear Power
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...