Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Health
How to deal with bone fracture?
Take the advice of bone specialist when bones fracture. Don’t make a muck of your bones by trying to set it right through massage. This article throws light on the types of bone fractures and how well to treat them.
Breaking of bones of sides, legs, fingers, hands, legs etc is called fracture. It normally takes 3 to 6 weeks to fuse up fractured bones together. After linking up of bones, the limbs sometimes take unusually longer to accrete. Fractures are of many kinds:- hairline fracture, multiple bones fracture, fractures on many places on a single bone etc.
Hairline fracture gets healed within 45 to 60 days by taking rest and applying light raw plaster or hot bandage. The fracture in case of multiple bones or multiple fractures on one and same bone cures within 2-3 months. Sometimes, operation has to be undertaken to join the fracture by using nails and screws.
Fractured bones do not heal even after treatments?
- Often after the fracture, flesh traps in between the pieces of broken bones as a result bones do not joins up properly. Recourse to operation has to be resorted to in such conditions.
- It also takes longer for the fractured bones to heal up in case when several open wounds also come up after fracture or bones break down on several places.
- On several occasions, due to deficiencies of vitamins and minerals in the body of the patients, bones take longer to join.
- Broken bones of legs, thighs, neck wrists and paws takes longer to heal, because the constitution of bones of these parts are such where blood flows scarcely.
- The process of linking of broken bones slows down when the patient is diabetic, suffering from, having hormones imbalances, or he is old aged.
- Sometimes, bones are properly set and plastered but in some cases bones slips and do not get joined properly. This is corrected after operation.
Precautions to be taken in case of bone fracture
Do take for certain the advice of the bone specialist when bones fracture. Don't play with bones by getting treatments of massagers. Obtain full knowledge from the bone specialist as to what medicines or vitamins are to be taken and for how long the plaster is to be kept. Ask him without hesitation what precautions are to be observed.
If you are not satisfied with your Doctor, consult another Doctor and receive his advice. Keep a constant watch on the place where the plaster is located. Get it examined on regular intervals. Even a slight carelessness can influence your fractured limbs.
- Bones can bend or can get linked up raw in case of the premature cutting of the plaster.
- Massaging, pulls and stretches or broiling can cause harms to bones.
- The patients have to be rushed immediately to the Doctor after the bone fracture. Delays will cause harm.
- Don't scratch with pencil or other some such pointed thing after the plaster is done. This might cause infection.
- Never cut plaster on your own nor do make this smaller.
- Save plaster against water.
- Immediately rush to Doctors in case of breaking up of the plaster on its shifting up, otherwise bones could link up wrongly.
After the plaster is done with, have the full knowledge from the Doctor as to how much the plastered limbs is to be lifted or shifted, what amount of works could be taken up with the plastered up limbs and how much weight is to be exerted on it. What amount of rest would that affected part require. If the area is excessively shaken and shifted, bones would join up wrongly.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...