Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Computer & Technology
Basic Training module of Tata Tele-Services Limited
Tata Tele-services Limites, TTSL is one of the number one tele-services in India. It's products are Tata Docomo, Tata Indicom, Virgin Mobile, Photon+, and many more. This article is about the basic training information on telecom technology, CDMA, network elements and customer relationship management.
Evolution of Telecom in India
1851 : INDIAN TELEPHONE NETWORKS set up.
1943 : Telecom Sector Nationalized. Department of Post & Telegraphs and the Ministry of Communication administered the Telecom and Postal Services till 1985.
1985 : Department of Telecommunications (DoT) created.
1986 : Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. (MTNL) and Tata Communication Limited (Formerly known as Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (VSNL) established.
1993 : Paging industry.
1995 : Private Operator license for cellular services.
1996 : Private Operator license for basic services.
2000 : Department of Telecom Services (DTS) corporatized to form Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL).
Regulatory set up – TRAI
TRAI : Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, to set Tariff, fix terms & conditions for operating telecom services and for interconnecting with other operators; Govt. to seek TRAI's recommendation before issuing a license.
TDSAT: Telecom Dispute Settlement & Appellate Tribunal will hear and be the authority where operations will appeal in case of differences between –
- Licenser and licensee
- Two or more service providers
- A service provider and a group of consumers.
FDMA : Frequency Division Multiple Access. It is single user friendly such as Pager, Walky-talky etc.
TDMA : Time Division Multiple Access. Example:- GSM: Global System for Mobile (or) Global Synchronization Module; ex: Hutch, Idea, BSNL, Spice, Airtel, Aircel etc.
CDMA: Code Division Multiple Access. Ex: Tata Indicom, Virgin Mobile, Reliance etc.
The 6 c's of CDMA:-
- Customer satisfaction
- Base Transceiver Station (BST) is also known as Cell site.
- Main function to transmit & receive frequency or sound wave carrying voice and data.
- Each BTS tower with multiple antennas depending on number of areas or locations it needs to cover.
- Two way communications.
- Base Station Controller (BSC)
- Collects calls from cell sites and transfer it to MSC.
- Managing radio interface through the allocation release and handover of radio channels.
- Separating the voice calls from internet & other type of calls.
- Main Switching Center (MSC)
- Generate Call Data Record (CDR) for billing purpose.
- Switching of calls between the networks.
- Validating the services active for a subscriber.
Parts of Main Switching Center MSC:-
- SHLR (Stand Alone Home Location Register):- It stores the details of local user such as phone number, address etc. and the calling level of the customer.
- VLR (Visitor Location Register):- It shows the mirror image of roaming user coming from different circles.
- IN (Intelligent Networking):- It gives real time of billing & monitors the calls. Ex: in prepaid, instant billing is done through IN.
- POI (Point of Interconnectivity):- It provides service to connect calls between two different service providers.
CSA : Customer Service Area
PSTN : Public Switching Telephony Node -> MSC for wire line
MDF : Main Distribution Frame -> BSC for wire line
DP : Distribution Point -> BTS for wire line
ODP : Outside Distribution Point
IDP : Internal Distribution Point
PDP : Pole Distribution Point
PCF : Packet Control Function -> for data purpose
PDSN : Packet Data Service Node -> for data purpose
AAA : Authorized Authentication Account -> for data purpose
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software.
HNIU: High Network Interface Unit.
1. TTL Notifications
2. Create Service Request
3. View Service Request
4. Contact Center
Contact Center: To see details about customer information you have to enter Del no. or Account no. Then you can see the Dashboard.
- Account & Billing Details.
Del details new -> double click -> A drill-down list will be appeared. Again double click -> Products for DEL.
- Dunning:- The reasons of disconnection will be appeared in this option.
- Billing Package:- Whatever the package or plan, the customer is using will be shown here.
- Schemes:- All the add-on packs will be shown here.
- Calling Level:- What calling level a customer have. Such as: local, trunk, IDTH, NSD, ISD etc.
- Features:- All value-added services can be shown here. Like; National Roaming, CRBT (Color Ring Back Tone), CLIP (Color Line Identification Presentation), CF (Call Forward – Immediate, Busy, No-reply) etc.
- Installation Details
- HSIA: High Speed Internet Access
- Current Outstanding:- The rest balance amount which kept in customer's account after payment of bill.
- New Bill Image:- Billing details of a customer.
- Unbilled Usage:- The approx. amount which does not include service tax, monthly rental & discounts.
- Customer Billing Cycle:- Date of which the bill is generating.
- Customer Segments or Profiles:-
- New customer -> for 3 months
- Blue customer -> less revenue to the company
- Silver customer -> less revenue to the company
- Gold customer -> high revenue to the company
- GTC (Gold Talk Corporate) -> corporate peoples
- ARPU:- Average Revenue Per Unit
- SLA:- Service Level Agreement, where the customer get the service within a time period.
- CUG:- Closed User Groups. For a group connection.
- TUP:- TATA Unity Plan. Only for the TATA employees.
- Service Request – complaints.
- Credit Limit – the maximum amount referred to the customer for usage, which should not cross the limit.
- TTL Notes:- SMS sent to the customer from company.
- Tallyman Activities:- All Bill dispatch SMS through softcopy or hardcopy.
Service Request:- All technical complains will be treated as 198 type trouble ticket.
Features Present in Wire line:-
* Speaker phone
* Call Hunting
* Voice Portal
SLIM (Subscriber Line & Instrument Measurement):-
It gives the following parameters:
* Foreign Voltages
* Distance at which there is a cut in the line
SLIM is a tool used to check the health of the copper loop starting from MDF to the customer's premises.
Status Test is used to check, if the phone is dead or not; if yes then what is the reason for it.
National Leased Line:- The clients who've several offices across India, they are using national leased lines to secure data from other web-portals. It is safety dedicated line which support speed of 64 KBPS to 2 MBPS.
International Private Leased Lines which connects from one country to another country with very high speed network.
ISDN (Integrated Service Digital Node):- Data Transfer of rate 64 KBPS, for sending voice, video & data over a digital telephone line or normal telephone wires. It is 2 types:-
1. Basic Rate Interface (BRI) -> Two 64 KBPS B-Channels & One D-Channel for transmitting control information.
2. Primary Rate Interface (PRI) -> 23 B-Channels & One D-Channel. At a time only 15 channels can be used. This is for International Private Leased Lines.
Read related articles: Tata tele service Photon+ Virgin Mobile Tata Indicom Docomo
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...