Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Computer & Technology
Basic Training Module of Tata Tele-Services Limited
Tata Tele-services Limites, TTSL is one of the number one tele-services in India. It's products are Tata Docomo, Tata Indicom, Virgin Mobile, Photon+, and many more. This article is about the basic training information on telecom technology, CDMA, network elements and customer relationship management.
Evolution of Telecom in India
1851 : INDIAN TELEPHONE NETWORKS set up.
1943 : Telecom Sector Nationalized. Department of Post & Telegraphs and the Ministry of Communication administered the Telecom and Postal Services till 1985.
1985 : Department of Telecommunications (DoT) created.
1986 : Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. (MTNL) and Tata Communication Limited (Formerly known as Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (VSNL) established.
1993 : Paging industry.
1995 : Private Operator license for cellular services.
1996 : Private Operator license for basic services.
2000 : Department of Telecom Services (DTS) corporatized to form Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL).
Regulatory set up – TRAI
TRAI : Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, to set Tariff, fix terms & conditions for operating telecom services and for interconnecting with other operators; Govt. to seek TRAI's recommendation before issuing a license.
TDSAT: Telecom Dispute Settlement & Appellate Tribunal will hear and be the authority where operations will appeal in case of differences between –
- Licenser and licensee
- Two or more service providers
- A service provider and a group of consumers.
FDMA : Frequency Division Multiple Access. It is single user friendly such as Pager, Walky-talky etc.
TDMA : Time Division Multiple Access. Example:- GSM: Global System for Mobile (or) Global Synchronization Module; ex: Hutch, Idea, BSNL, Spice, Airtel, Aircel etc.
CDMA: Code Division Multiple Access. Ex: Tata Indicom, Virgin Mobile, Reliance etc.
The 6 c's of CDMA:-
- Customer satisfaction
- Base Transceiver Station (BST) is also known as Cell site.
- Main function to transmit & receive frequency or sound wave carrying voice and data.
- Each BTS tower with multiple antennas depending on number of areas or locations it needs to cover.
- Two way communications.
- Base Station Controller (BSC)
- Collects calls from cell sites and transfer it to MSC.
- Managing radio interface through the allocation release and handover of radio channels.
- Separating the voice calls from internet & other type of calls.
- Main Switching Center (MSC)
- Generate Call Data Record (CDR) for billing purpose.
- Switching of calls between the networks.
- Validating the services active for a subscriber.
Parts of Main Switching Center MSC:-
- SHLR (Stand Alone Home Location Register):- It stores the details of local user such as phone number, address etc. and the calling level of the customer.
- VLR (Visitor Location Register):- It shows the mirror image of roaming user coming from different circles.
- IN (Intelligent Networking):- It gives real time of billing & monitors the calls. Ex: in prepaid, instant billing is done through IN.
- POI (Point of Interconnectivity):- It provides service to connect calls between two different service providers.
CSA : Customer Service Area
PSTN : Public Switching Telephony Node -> MSC for wire line
MDF : Main Distribution Frame -> BSC for wire line
DP : Distribution Point -> BTS for wire line
ODP : Outside Distribution Point
IDP : Internal Distribution Point
PDP : Pole Distribution Point
PCF : Packet Control Function -> for data purpose
PDSN : Packet Data Service Node -> for data purpose
AAA : Authorized Authentication Account -> for data purpose
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software.
HNIU: High Network Interface Unit.
1. TTL Notifications
2. Create Service Request
3. View Service Request
4. Contact Center
Contact Center: To see details about customer information you have to enter Del no. or Account no. Then you can see the Dashboard.
- Account & Billing Details.
Del details new -> double click -> A drill-down list will be appeared. Again double click -> Products for DEL.
- Dunning:- The reasons of disconnection will be appeared in this option.
- Billing Package:- Whatever the package or plan, the customer is using will be shown here.
- Schemes:- All the add-on packs will be shown here.
- Calling Level:- What calling level a customer have. Such as: local, trunk, IDTH, NSD, ISD etc.
- Features:- All value-added services can be shown here. Like; National Roaming, CRBT (Color Ring Back Tone), CLIP (Color Line Identification Presentation), CF (Call Forward – Immediate, Busy, No-reply) etc.
- Installation Details
- HSIA: High Speed Internet Access
- Current Outstanding:- The rest balance amount which kept in customer's account after payment of bill.
- New Bill Image:- Billing details of a customer.
- Unbilled Usage:- The approx. amount which does not include service tax, monthly rental & discounts.
- Customer Billing Cycle:- Date of which the bill is generating.
- Customer Segments or Profiles:-
- New customer -> for 3 months
- Blue customer -> less revenue to the company
- Silver customer -> less revenue to the company
- Gold customer -> high revenue to the company
- GTC (Gold Talk Corporate) -> corporate peoples
- ARPU:- Average Revenue Per Unit
- SLA:- Service Level Agreement, where the customer get the service within a time period.
- CUG:- Closed User Groups. For a group connection.
- TUP:- TATA Unity Plan. Only for the TATA employees.
- Service Request – complaints.
- Credit Limit – the maximum amount referred to the customer for usage, which should not cross the limit.
- TTL Notes:- SMS sent to the customer from company.
- Tallyman Activities:- All Bill dispatch SMS through softcopy or hardcopy.
Service Request:- All technical complains will be treated as 198 type trouble ticket.
Features Present in Wire line:-
* Speaker phone
* Call Hunting
* Voice Portal
SLIM (Subscriber Line & Instrument Measurement):-
It gives the following parameters:
* Foreign Voltages
* Distance at which there is a cut in the line
SLIM is a tool used to check the health of the copper loop starting from MDF to the customer's premises.
Status Test is used to check, if the phone is dead or not; if yes then what is the reason for it.
National Leased Line:- The clients who've several offices across India, they are using national leased lines to secure data from other web-portals. It is safety dedicated line which support speed of 64 KBPS to 2 MBPS.
International Private Leased Lines which connects from one country to another country with very high speed network.
ISDN (Integrated Service Digital Node):- Data Transfer of rate 64 KBPS, for sending voice, video & data over a digital telephone line or normal telephone wires. It is 2 types:-
1. Basic Rate Interface (BRI) -> Two 64 KBPS B-Channels & One D-Channel for transmitting control information.
2. Primary Rate Interface (PRI) -> 23 B-Channels & One D-Channel. At a time only 15 channels can be used. This is for International Private Leased Lines.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...