Recipe of shrikhand
We normally prefer to eat any sweet dish alone itself. In this resource I am sharing recipe of shrikhand which we can eat alone itself or with puri. Shrikhand is sweet and little sour in taste. It can be made in various flavors.
is consider as a sweet dish it is normally made on holy occasions like Holi, Ganesh chaturthi.
1. 500 grams curd
2. 300 grams sugar
3. Milk 1 tablespoon
4. Cardamom powder ½ tablespoon
5. Few strands of saffron
6. Crushed pista and almond ½ tablespoon
1. Tie 500 grams curd in muslin cloth overnight. (For 6-7 hours)
2. Now take into a bowl and 300 grams sugar and mix well.
3. Keep it aside for 30 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve into curd.
4. Add saffron into 1 tbsp of milk and keep aside.
5. Beat well till sugar gets fully dissolve into curd.
6. Allow to pass through a big holed strong strainer.
7. Mix cardamom powder, dissolved saffron and crushed pista and almonds.
8. Take into a glass serving bowl and garnish with remaining dry fruits.
9. Keep in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
3-4 days if refrigerated
To make fruit flavored shrikhand eg. Mango, add mango pulp at the stage of adding cardamom powder and saffron.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "
Recipe of shrikhand
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Complete the action items below to enter to win an iPad Mini from India Study Channel!
India Study Channel - Locker
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
j r kumar
N K Ravishankara
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.