Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » How things work
How to save the floor space of your small apartments flat?
Whether it is a 1 room or a 2 bedroom flat, your flat is your dwelling. When there are the twin challenges of the space being small and the budget also small, learn the trick of cleverness of decorating your smallish nest through this dissertation below. Let’s come to decorate the little abode with the beauteous and space saver furniture. The space is too modest in 1-2 room apartments’ flats these days.
Are you too face to face with the twin hazardous challenge- little space and little budget? Despite confronting this twin problem, you can still decorate your flat with furniture made to save the floor space. Just jot down the idea from the below given points:-
- In order to increase the open space in the house, it’s essential to keep the number of doors and windows of the house to the minimum. Take care of this fact while purchasing a small flat.
- When the space in the drawing room is little, do not buy semicircular sofa or centre table. Decorate the drawing room with a small size of beautifully built sofa
- Give preference to the multi use and folding furniture. At the purchasing, see to it coordinates along well with the corners of the room so that, difficulty might not come in future in shifting these items from the one corner of the room to the other.
- If the drawing space is too small in the 1-2 bedroom flat, the sitting arrangement could be done on the floor itself in place of sofa. In a small flat, drawing room could be decorated beautifully to look spacious by making the floor sitting arrangement with cushions and mattresses. If the sheet spread on mattresses is matching with the colour of the floor, it will give a better look.
- When the space of the drawing room is falling short after setting the sofa into it, in place of putting here the huge couches, set here portable and folding chair.
- Wall mounted table for the dinning room would be a far better option. Make use of portable chair with this here. This type of table fitting is especially done.
- If the drawing is small, it would be a good idea to use sofa- cum -bed, Deewan- cum –bed and footans.
- Wall mounted study table for the children could be made which could be drawn out from within the wall to study and inserted inside after the study is over.
- Portable partitions in the kitchen or radial drawers so that the changes into these could be effected as per the packs or kitchen ingredients to be put inside it methodically.
- Fiendish type of people want to give luxury look to home, then make the silvery or the golden touch of furniture a part of your home.
- You can obtain a luxury touch by hanging an ethnic looking huge mirror on the wall.
- In lieu of buying special type of furniture for pressing the clothes, wooden board fitted on wall with a chain could be made use of. In its backgrounds could be pitched into a huge beautiful mirror so that after finishing the press work, it could be set back on to the wall with the support of the chain, the mirror enhancing the beauty of the room as well a saving the floor space.
- Buy expandable bed for the children. One guest could sleep here with the child if the need be.
- Whether there are toys for the children or their books, excess capacity furniture are required for them. Therefore purchase such a wall unit which contain lots of small-big drawers.
- Decorate home with black oxidised steel artefacts. This type of artefacts is a bit costlier. Hence, in stead of buying these artefacts of big sizes, its smaller versions would be a good option to be purchased for decorating a corner of the house. This is after the trend these days to decorate homes with such types of items.
- Several types of chimneys are available in the market. Remember this while purchasing it that this has been made with the purpose of using 4 burners. Thus, this will cover up the entire burners.
- Kitchen gets an attractive look from cabinets. Although it is not necessary to purchase a newer set of cabinet every Diwali. Kitchen could be made newer by carrying out the glass, moulding or beading works on the old cabinet also
- Don’t forget to bargain with the plumber or the electricians but without compromising on qualities.
- If the kitchen counter is to be fitted, interior designers deem granite counter to be the fittest one. Its greatest speciality is that it is easier to clean the spots and blots fallen on to it. It’s available in several ranges into the market in the range of 150 to 400 ruppes per square feet. You can have your picks as per your choice and budget. If you choose costlier granite for the counter, the materials below it for the cabinet could be purchased cheaper.
- Do not use dark colour for a smal kitchen of your smaller flat because due to the darker shade, its size will look much smaller. Thus for the kitchen, yellow or white colour would be most suitable.
- If the bedroom is small, in order to give it a bigger look, use a wrought iron bed. Give attention to its quality at the times of its purchase otherwise rust could develop on it and the children could be hurt too.
Bringing in positive energy through the ‘Feng Shui’ ways
- As per ‘Feng Shui’, by decorating the living room or the office with red flowers, the flow of energy remains in tact, and prosperity comes in.
- Keep a bowl of seasonal fresh fruits in the centre of the dinning table. Fix a mirror in front that the bowl comes in views in the mirror. This give the double feel of the items kept into the bowl.
- Never fix up a mirror in the bed room. Marital complications will grow from this.
- Pitching in the images or the icons of animals in the living room is auspicious in which are included horses, cows and elephants. Horses are the symbols of vigour, expansion and manliness. Cows are the signs of peace and abundance and the elephants are symbolic of patience drive and energy.
Paintings of water fountain and rising sun release positive energy from their within. Do not put aquarium in southern direction because it pulls the entire positive energy of the house and throws it outside.
Read related articles: How to save floor space Furniture for small flat Feng Shui
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...