Ingredients needed for aratikaya pulusu
1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 red chillies
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 cumin seeds
lemon size tamarind
Procedure to make the pulusu
1. Cook the aratikaya in a pressure cooker and leave it aside.
2. Take 1 tsp oil in a cooking pan and add cumin and mustard seeds. Wait till they sputter.
3. Add ½ tsp ginger garlic paste and fry it. Add 2 red chilly pieces and fry it.
4. Chop the onion into medium sized pieces and add them. Wait till they turn golden brown.
5. Add pinch of turmeric powder and salt and chilli powder to taste.
6. Chop the cooked aratikaya and add the slices to it. Let it cook for some time till the pieces get the taste.
7. Add tamarind water to it and leave it to cook till it boils.
8. Finally garnish it with coriander and serve hot.
The pulusu/soup can be served hot with rice. If the pulusu is prepared mild, it can be served individually as soup.
The soup can be prepared in 20-30 minutes. Can serve 6 people if served with rice. If served as soup, 3-4 can be served with this.
More articles: Recipe