Who provides Visa for UK?
UK Border Agency has the right to provide Visa for travelling to United Kingdom.
When to apply for Visa for travelling to UK?
One can apply for Visa, three months before the date of travel to UK. It is advised to receive the Visa before confirming travel arrangements.
Who can apply for Visa for UK?
Anyone who is residing in India and wants to travel to UK has to apply for Visa. Students aspiring to study abroad must be aware that there are different visas issued by UK including students visa, Tier-II work Visa etc.
Where to apply for Visa for UK in India?
As part of application, a person is required to visit one of the visa application centres in South and North Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Jalandhar and Kolkata. These application centres are managed by VFS Global, the commercial partner of UK Border Agency.
What are various types of Visa for UK?
Visa is given to a person based on the requirement provided in the application form. Visa has been categorised in following section:-
1. Working in the UK
This Visa is given to those who want to work or do some business in UK.
2. Visiting the UK
Those who want to stay in UK for short period of time.
3. Settlement in UK
This type of Visa is provided to those person who want to settle permanently in UK.
4. Studying in the UK
The students who are going for educational purpose fall under this category. They have to face interview before getting the Visa.
5. Partners and Families
Some people are settled in UK. When their family members want to visit them, they have to apply for this Visa
6. Diplomats, Government officials
This Visa is given to government officials or those who are member of the government.
What are the various work based categories for applying for UK Visa ?
There are various work based categories for applying the Visa. They have been categorised as Business person, skilled worker, employee of a company for limited period of time, or a domestic worker. Each category have different sections known as tiers. The one which is applicable for the person going to UK has to apply for that Visa. Each category has different requirements.
What are the documents required to apply for Visa for UK?
Though each category has different requirement of documents,but the common among them is listed below.
1. Completed and signed Visa Application form
3. Marriage certificate, if applicable
4. Two good quality passport size photograph
5. Visa application fees
6. Supporting documents in English translation.
Things to know before applying for Visa for UK.
1. Arrange all the supported documents in original as well as photocopy.
2. Be prepared to provide biometric information( such as fingerprints, retina scan , facial image).
3. Be able to provide Visa application fee. Fees for every category is different. So, enquire about the fees before going to submit the application.
4. All the documents should be in English or Welsh.
How to apply for Visa for UK?
1. Complete the Visa application form.
One can apply for Visa application both online or by hand. If a person is applying online, one will need to take the printout and sign the completed form. If applying manually, application form has to be downloaded,and fill by hand.
2. Book an appointment by sending an email to VFS. Email must include Name and surname of the applicant,Passport number , Visa category ,Visa application centre you would like to attend, Preferred date and time and your place of residence.
3. Visit one of the Visa Application Centre at the scheduled date and time.
4. Submit the Visa Application Form and the supported documents.
5. Pay the Visa Application fees.
6. Enrol to provide biometric information.
How much time is taken to process UK Visa applications in India?
UK Visa application is processed within 3 weeks to 12 weeks. It depends on the type of Visa applied.
When can one collect the documents in India?
After the decision has been made on the Visa application, the documents, passport and Visa can be collected from the VFS centre where application was submitted.
Imperial Visas expert team can provide you complete assistance in applying Visa For UK. We are proud of the level of service, and most importantly the amount of approvals we are able to achieve on behalf of our clients.