Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Hobbies and pets
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Hobby?
If you are interested in knowing about the benefits of having a hobby, then go through this article wherein you will find a detailed description of all the benefits of having a hobby. You can know many of the important facts about having a hobby and how beneficial it is to have a hobby for an individual to enjoy good health and a happy living.
Since age old days people have been very much used to start various hobbies of their interests and likes and they have been always keen on developing these hobbies. These hobbies which keep an individual engaged for time period as a time pass activity have in fact been proved to be much beneficial for a happy and healthy living of a person. However, in the present scenario of the world where people are every busy with many more activities in their life, hardly find any time to spare for developing the activities or hobbies on which they are interested.
Moreover, the cost that is incurred for maintaining many hobbies is found to huge and many people cannot afford to maintain hobbies. And due to this in general people just seem to put off from such a passion of having a hobby. As a result some people don't even get the chance to discover their interest or like to a particular hobby. However, starting a hobby according to your interest and thereby developing this hobby has many advantages and it is found highly beneficial for people to maintain a free time activity for enjoying a healthy life. If people are really interested in having a hobby, you can start one according to your taste and liking and thus you can develop it over a period of time for a real enjoyment in your life by making the life more meaningful, healthy and happy as well.
The best benefits of having a hobby
In this present ever busy and stressful life, people seldom find time to develop and have a hobby of their interest. Moreover, after the day's strenuous work, people just try to relax for some mostly either by watching TVs or by web browsing and they either ignore the fact or some do not even know that these two activities further increase their stress levels instead of giving them relaxation and recreation. And yet others feel that developing and having a hobby is just a waste of time. They even think that there is no purpose or benefit in having a hobby and developing it is nothing but just a pass time activity.
But if you really happen to look into the purpose of having a hobby and thereby developing it, then you will know that it is really something much more than just a pass time activity. In fact, developing a hobby according to your own interests and likes makes the life much more meaningful and even it is highly beneficial and advantageous in having a hobby as per one's interests. Some of the advantages and benefits of having a hobby are:
- A hobby as the best stress relievers: It is a known fact that people in the present generation are leading a much stressful life compared to the life of the people in the olden days. The moment they jump up from the bed in the morning, the whole day they have to be on toes and they literally will be running from one place to other as a part of their busy schedule of life. And finally such people end up with various health problems as the stress that is accumulated over a period of time finds no outlet to get relieved and this makes the person to suffer from various health problems.
People who are too busy with their day to day activities and lead a stressful life, it is very essential for such people to start a hobby of their interest and thereby develop it. Maintaining a hobby for such people is highly beneficial as it acts as an outlet for relieving the stress and thus a hobby acts as an excellent stress reliever which is a natural remedy for stress relief. Once you let out your entire day's stress, you feel relieved and get a feeling of freshness. So it is very essential as well as advantageous to have a hobby and daily spend some time in developing it so that you can keep yourself engaged for some time and feel the freshness of body and mind.
- A hobby for gaining knowledge: Yes, in fact a hobby helps much in gaining knowledge a swell. If you are interested in starting a hobby naturally you collect some material on how to start a hobby according to your own interest. In addition to that you keep collecting materials and involve yourself in research activity for developing and maintaining your hobby. And this is how over a period of time it helps you much in gaining enough knowledge in the specific areas of interest.
- A hobby is a good companion: If you develop a hobby of your interest it helps you in keeping your mind and body engaged at least for some period of time in a day and thus it helps in giving you a good company by making you to forget yourself for sometime. So deeply you involve yourself in some interesting hobbies. Moreover, for many people, a hobby keeps the minds and hands active and thus helps them in coming out of their loneliness if any. So if you develop a hobby of your interest, you can get a good company and keep yourself engaged or busy with its company and thus make your life joyous and meaningful.
- A hobby helps in letting out emotions: Sometime in our lives we become very emotional due to various consequences that we face in our day to day activities in our life. And in case these emotions pent up in the mind and body these affect the health of the person and hence there need to be a let out for all such pent up emotional feelings. And in such a situation starting a hobby of your like and interest is much helpful in letting out your emotions and thus you really feel relieved and light at heart when you keep yourself engaged in some or the other hobby of your interest and thus let out all your feelings through this hobby.
- A hobby is an excellent relaxing technique: When you have a hobby of your interest, you get naturally relieved from the daily routine of stressful life and it makes a good companion for you where you can let out all your emotions and thus get relief. And once your emotions are let out, you really feel much relaxed and light at mind and heart. Thus a hobby acts as an excellent relaxation technique for people who lead a stressful life.
- A hobby helps in recharging the mind, body and soul: When you keep yourself engaged for sometime in an activity of your interest, you really forget the days tiredness and even you forget yourself for some time. And once you are done with the hobby for the day, your mind and soul gets recharged, so you once again gear up for the next day's routine life with a fresh mind and body.
- A hobby is the best entertainer: Apart from recharging your mind and body, a hobby keeps you engaged for some period of time every day and thus it provides you with maximum entertainment and enjoyment as well. So when you get much entertainment by such an activity you feel fresh and this in turn helps in improving your health conditions.
- A hobby for a healthy and happy living: As you can see that starting a hobby and thereby developing and maintaining it has so many advantages, then it is quite evident that when we let our emotions, get relieved from our daily stress, thus recharge our mind and body and thereby get entertainment from a hobby. All these factors have a great impact on the overall health conditions of the body and this in turn helps in making our life a healthy and happy one.
Other advantages of having a hobby
In addition to some of the best benefits of having and maintaining a hobby, there are even many other advantages of maintaining a hobby. Some of these are:
- As you maintain a hobby according to your interest, you need not meet with any completion deadlines for the same and hence you won't be put to pressure for meeting the deadlines. You are free to do with your hobby in your free time and you can take as much time as you want to complete it. Hence there are no external pressures acting on you for the completion of the same.
- A hobby is a nice way of socializing as well. People who are having similar likes and interest can flock together and thus exchange and share their views and experiences with regard to their hobbies. And thus a hobby helps people in socializing themselves and strengthen their bonds and relationships as well.
- A hobby even helps in lifting up the moods of a person and thus boosts the energy levels as well. And it is a good way of exercising the physical body. According to some researchers, it has been found that people who keep themselves engaged in a hobby at least 15 minutes in a day are less likely to experience fatigue.
- In addition, a hobby which involves a regular physical activity helps in improving the overall health condition of the body as it improves the circulation of blood in the body, maintains blood pressure, reduces excess fat from the body and thus helps in the overall fitness of the body. Thus maintaining a hobby is highly advantageous for maintaining the overall health condition of the body.
- Even developing a hobby helps in discovering your hidden talents, it enables you to know yourself in a better way and thus helps you in learning new skills. And thereby this is helpful in improving your self-confidence as well.
- As a hobby is the best time pass activity, it gives you a chance to develop your creative skills. The mind keeps wandering on various things and finally you come up with the best ideas and a good creativity.
- A hobby provides the best entertainment to the person who involves himself / herself in it and makes him / her to forget the world around him / her.
- Apart from all the benefits and advantages that are mentioned above, some of the hobbies are very useful as you can make money out of such pass time activities. There are many hobbies which can be converted into profit-making.
List of some hobbies that are beneficial
At times people find it difficult to choose a specific hobby to continue with the same. In such a case, the best thing you need to do is to know the specific area of your interest. By nature you tend to show interest on particular areas and basing on this observation of yours, you can select one or two best options which you think are beneficial for your self-development. Here is a list of some of the best hobbies that are beneficial:
- Gardening is one of the best hobbies that is highly beneficial for the overall improvement of the health. Growing plants both indoor as well as outdoor plants as per one's tastes helps in giving the individual much of relaxation as well as physical exercise. Moreover, plants help in making the air rich in oxygen which is again beneficial for a healthy living. Even growing seasonal flowering plants gives a feast to the eyes when these are in full bloom.
- Travelling is one more interesting hobby which is enjoyed by most of the people. This hobby not only gives you enjoyment, but also enables you to gain knowledge by a practical experience. You even come to know about the other people, culture, land etc and thus you acquire considerable amount of knowledge through travelling.
- Photography is a wonderful hobby that is enjoyed the most equally by the people of all age groups. It helps you in discovering things and thus improves your keen observation on things. And even it helps in relaxing the mind when happen to have a look at the photographs that were taken by you. And thus you memorize many of the cherished moments in your life.
- Looking after a pet too is a wonderful hobby which is helpful in giving you a company at the time when you feel lonely. You can have any one of the pets or even you can have fish aquarium at home which keeps you engaged most of the time and also the colorful fish make a feast to your eyes.
- Making handicrafts is an interesting hobby which is very useful in developing your skills and talents. You can keep yourself engaged in making various interesting home decorative items and thus decor your home with all hand made items which gives an ethnic look to your home.
- You can even develop the habit of book-reading as a hobby which improves your language and also helps in gaining knowing.
- if you have a natural talent of writing skills you can develop this as hobby and thereby you can become a successful online content writer in ISC which helps you in earning some reasonable amount.
- Fruit and vegetable carving is a very good hobby which is highly beneficial not only as a pass time activity but also helps in improving your earnings by marketing the same as these are in great demand.
- In the present world scenario even blogging is a good hobby which helps you in good earnings through your blog.
- Other hobbies like mehandi designing, embroidery work, glass painting, music, singing, oil painting, greeting card making, jewelry making and many more are very useful hobbies which provide an excellent opportunity for money-making.
Hobbies are very beneficial for the overall happiness and health of an individual and hence you should not neglect in continuing with your hobby just because you have a busy schedule in your life or you are preoccupied with some other work. In fact, hobbies very much in bringing families and friends together especially at those times when each one feels the need of a support from the other. So don't just think that it is too late to start a hobby, as a hobby can be started at any age in your life. So, know your likes and interests and start developing a hobby of your own, spend some time daily for your own self in developing and maintaining your hobby. Thus make your life more meaningful, happy, healthy and enjoyable as well.
Read related articles: Good hobbies
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Article by Kalyani
Kalyani is basically an educationist and presently a home-maker who is fruitfully utilizing her free time in freelancing, online content writing and above all blogging. She is an active editor at IndiaStudyChannel.com for over 2 years and is a passionate writer. She is an environmentalist who strives to protect the environment through the revival of age-old eco-friendly practices. She also strives to preserve the rich cultural heritage of India.
Follow Kalyani or read 145 articles authored by Kalyani
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...