Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Hobbies and pets
Photography as a hobby
In this world everything has its story; one need is just to think beyond. Each object available in the environment becomes a thought provoking thing when presented in a manner that tells its value or worth, whether it’s a man made marvel or nature’s gift. Photography is an art which represents the value of everything capture in the photo. This article defines about photography as a hobby and its aspects.
Photography is an Art
Almost everyone likes adorable photographs of nature and its gifts including small children and animals. Photography is an Art which discovers the beauty in everything around us in the nature. Whether it's a man made buildings or articles or nature's gift to the Earth!
In this high-tech world we usually get dependent on technology though it has its pros as well as cons too, but most of the time we ignore negative aspects of a technology. A huge number of population use computers, laptops, smart-phones and other source of media to communicate or to gather knowledge. We see lots of beautiful picture in those medias, not only on that we ever see many posters, magazines, news papers and so on, for which we get fascinated. This became possible only with the help of photography by those who gave their best efforts to bring out beauty of everything they capture.
We all know every picture tells a story, if a person analyze deeply about that.
The art of photography can be a hobby of a person, or his/her profession to earn his livelihood.
This article deals about the aspects of photography as a hobby. How a person can add photography as his/her hobby? What are the requirements? What are the opportunities? What are the benefits? And so on.
To start this hobby, one need is just few things that are easily available. What are these things? Have a look!
From the following, you need only one or more according to your convenience and choice.
- Professional Digital camera (Price range – around Rs. 16000 or above)
- Non professional digital camera (Price range – around Rs. 4000 to Rs. 16000)
- Traditional film roll camera (Price range – around Rs. 3000 or above)
- Smart phone/s having a fine quality camera inbuilt.
After having a camera you need a storage device, excluding the storage in the camera itself.
Anyone from the following or more would the required for this hobby.
- For this you may need a PC or laptop or tablet PC.
- You can use Computers in cybercafé or a friend's computer connected to internet, on which you can upload your files to some free storage hosting sites or at your e-mail id or any other source site of storage.
- If you have a film roll camera, have a collection of your hard copy of printed photos at your albums of collection.
How to start
To start this hobby you need nothing very hard, just focus on these steps and become a passionate photographer.
- Before starting photography you need to analyze your interest, whether you are interested in capturing animal's pictures, flowers pictures, trees, small children, or anything else exist in the world.
Focus on your interest and learn and gain some knowledge about that area or field.
Suppose you have interest in capturing the pictures of fishes, first you need to learn something about fishes, their names, and availability etc. Similarly if you have interest in animals then learn a bit about them, where they are easily available, dangerous or human friendly, their likes and dislikes and so on.
- There are many books available in the market on photography, you can even search on the internet for various articles and website that explains deeply about photography.
- Then after you to make ready your camera device and look for an optimal exposure of light and a fine pose or shot of things.
- What else remains? Nothing once you ensured that the photo is shot finely and clearly.
- Now look for the storage device and keep your files under the collection of your interest.
- You also can get reviews from your friends, relatives, colleagues and other people.
Having photography as a hobby has some monetary benefits too, take a look.
- One can create his/her own website with these collections and apply for the Google Adsense Revenue program, by which s/he can earn some handsome money once you get the good traffic to your website.
- A person can organize his/her own exhibitions if pictures are shot finely, in which s/he can sell those pictures and the revenue from the tickets would also be a good source of money.
- Get connected with any organization which conducts exhibitions on photography, in which you can contribute your collections and get revenue according the deal with the organizer.
- There are many online website that offer photographers a handsome money their quality picture.
- Once you create your value, and get expertise you can also look for some cultural and social event in which you can earn handsome part time money.
- By capturing photos, you are directly bringing the beauty of that particular thing/s in front of the world. That enhances the value of the captured things.
- People take interest in those things after viewing those pictures.
- Sometime our captured picture becomes famous when we upload it on some social networking sites, and it became wallpaper of computers, and mobiles.
- If you have a hobby of capturing the photos of needy and poor people, rag pickers, beggars then it will help those needy people because some of organizations (NPOs) raise their hands and take some initiatives after getting the details of that picture and looking the ground reality of a particular area and place.
In spite of all this, it also helps you to enhance your own value, and makes you popular amongst other.
Read related articles: Advantages of photograph
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
|Author: Ankit 21 Mar 2012||Member Level: Gold Points : 0|
|@Piyoosh and Sachin- There is no problem or restriction in linking to another author's article at ISC or at spider network. For this you need not even ask for permissions.|
|Author: Vilas 21 Mar 2012||Member Level: Gold Points : 2|
|Photography is a very nice hobby. Thank you Sachin to focus on "Advantages of photography". I want add some points that can help you lot,|
1. Become a member of Photography Association
2. Send unique photos to news paper
3. Try to attained photography exhibition
4. Participate in photography exhibition
5. There are many online photography competitions to participate and get acknowledging your work by experts.
|Author: sachin kumar 02 Apr 2012||Member Level: Gold Points : 0|
|Ankit sir thanks for shorting out my doubt. |
and Vilas, thanks for adding your valuable worthy points.
|Guest Author: arjun sharma 15 Jun 2013|
|this is awesome article and its to my dreams come true.|
|Author: Thamaraiselvi 16 Aug 2013||Member Level: Bronze Points : 2|
|'Photography as a hobby'is very useful.I like it very much.Here you have handled two subjects very safely about the photography and the Google Adsense revenue System.I like photos very much and have a lot of collections.The idea is good.|
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...