Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Caution & Alerts
Basic and important etiquettes for your children
Gone are the days when the measure of the abilities of the children was evaluated on the basis of their marks. Today, the parents too have understood this reality that their children attain not only the bookish but the practical knowledge too to succeed in their life. This article suggests some tips to you to train your children to make them practical in their life.
Some children either shy away from lifting phone or can’t talk properly on it. Hence children have to be taught how to talk on phone i.e. the norms and etiquettes of talking on phone have to be inculcated into them.
- Teach them to begin with politely saying namastey or hello when they hear the voice of somebody known on the phone.
- This must not be so that the child moves away from the phone to call his parents soon after hearing the voice of the person calling without muttering a word. The person on the other side of the phone line shall take ill of it.
- When somebody unknown calls on, the child should ask for his name and purpose without giving any information regarding himself. If somebody older in age is present at home, train the child to call for him. If at any given time, nobody is present in the house and the child is all alone on his own, train them not to reveal this fact to the caller and to tell the calling person to phone again.
- Train the children to always talk softly, in slow voice with civility.
Knowledge of important/emergency/numbers
- Get your even 4-5 years son memorize by rote the names of both parents, their phone numbers, detailed self address, and the phone number of some acquaintance. Adult children should also have the necessary contact numbers and emergency numbers particularly the numbers of the family doctor, ambulance and police.
Alert against strangers
Children should deal with smartly with the strangers. Teach your children to maintain a distance and keep smilingly but toughly when he feels some stranger in some party or function is trying to be friendly with him by talking reservedly with him.
Mixing nature with guests and neighbours
Some children’s have this habit that excessively shy away from the guests the moment they enter into the home feeling uncomfortable to come forward to face them. When the children of little ages do this, that’s okay but a 10-12 years old boys are expected to welcome the guests with a warm hello and namastey, invite them in with cordiality, offer water or tea etc when no one is present in the house. They should sit with them talking to them politely until others take charge of the visiting guest.
Knowledge of domestic appliances
- The adult children should learn to handle the home appliances properly of the likes of gas stove, geyser, heater, AC, mixer, inverter, generator, washing machine, cooler etc.
- They should also be made aware of the places of keys of the house, the medicines being taken by the adults and inhaler etc.
- Adult children could be taught by entrusting some errands like shopping etc also to make them more practical.
Watch out for their wrong steps
With the advancing age, children become too sensitive on account of their friends. The attraction of raw age is treated as love and in the spins of this, they remain eager to show off something out of crowd feat to attract friends. Sometimes, they can fall in bad company and take wrong step. People can take advantage of them. To avoid such mishaps, the boy should be taught to be practical over the score of relationships by developing a practical outlook on every aspects of life. The best way out to this problem is to be friendly with them, talk like them and be a confidante to them so that they could talk freely to you without any qualm or reservations.
Lesson of openness
Counsellors opine regarding this matter that the children should be taught to be open to develop a practical approach in them. This shall enable them to talk with you in open way on any matter whatsoever without inhibition or reservation. They must be taught to confide in you the problems they are suffering. This will be possible only if you inculcate in them the trait being open and frank to you (you –means parents-who else?).
The boys who are not open, they are found wanting in practicality and they don’t give information of the untoward incidences happened with them to their parents. They can’t face up to the bullying in school and submit to the intimidations and humiliations meted out to them by the seniors in school. When they need to ask the direction of the road, they refrain getting nervous from the strangers. Such things often happen with those children in house, the environs is full of tension, parents fight each others on an average of daily, parents do not have times to spare to the children, there is a communication gap among the family members or the parents are prone to excess of anger.
Read related articles: Child etiquette Manner Etiquette
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...