Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Health
How to control anger ?
Have you ever been angry and later on felt sad for being angry on some one or something? Do you want to control your anger ? Is anger good or not ? The following article will discuss about anger and measures through which we can control our anger.
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.
What is anger and is it good for health ?
Anger is a psychological emotion of a human to express grief, disappointment, and disapproval. According to the great psychologist Videbeck, anger is a normal emotion of human shown when provoked by something or someone. Anger to some extent is good for our health. But if anger crosses the limit, anger can cause some serious ill effects on our health as well as on our personal life. So we should be careful to control our anger. Anger increases heart rate and blood pressure which is not a healthy sign for us. Anger also raises the adrenaline levels in our body.
So this article will explain the counter measures to be adapted to keep our anger under control.
Methods to control our anger
If you feel very angry very frequently and on each and every thing, its time to control your anger before its too late. Excess anger will affect your social, professional and personal life. You tend to loose good friends, colleagues and relatives if you get angry upon them for very silly reasons. So to avoid excessive anger, try the following techniques to control your anger.
Relaxation is the key to control anger
Relaxation is the best method of controlling our anger. When you get angry, then try to relax yourself. If your body is relaxed then your anger will definitely vanish. Follow these techniques to tame your anger by relaxing your mind and body.
- Take deep breath and hold your breath for thirty to forty seconds. Now exhale slowly. Repeat this inhaling and exhaling for ten to fifteen times. Taking deep breath and holding it for sometime will make you concentrate on holding the breath. It will distract you from the cause of anger and you will immediately feel relaxed. This method is also useful for improving your overall health.
- Recollect the happiest moment of your life. Remembering the old and happy moments will relax you immediately. Old memories will also delight you which will lower your anger.
- Do some exercise. Doing exercise will make your concentration diverted towards doing the exercise and it will slowly bring down your anger. Doing exercises will improve your physical and mental health too.
- Drink some fresh water to calm down. Drinking water will also decrease the anger level. Water consumption will enhance your health too.
- Go for a walk. Anger level can be controlled by walking for sometime. When you walk, your body will be relaxed and thus anger level will come down automatically.
- Taking bath will also tame your anger. As bathing is also one of the best activity to get relaxed, you can try bathing to avoid the anger.
- Talk to someone close to you. By having a conversation with the near and dear ones, you will feel relaxed and excited too. So when you get angry, then spend little time with your near and dear to share your views.
- Go for a long drive with your beloved one. Going for a long drive with your beloved will relax your mood and your anger level will come down immediately.
- Playing with the children will also calm down your anger. Go and spend sometime with your children or neighbor's children. It will relax you very much.
- Take a small nap. Taking a small nap when you are angry will relax your body and mind. It will make your anger calm down.
- Go for swimming. If swimming pool is accessible to you, then it is highly recommended to go for a swim in order to control your anger. Swimming will make your muscles and mind relaxed.
- Watching your favorite movie or TV show can also decrease the anger level.
- Doing yoga will also cool you down and it will also enhance your physical and psychological health.
- Meditation will also be good for you to control anger. Meditation will improve your concentration too.
Above methods are very useful when you are angry. If you follow them carefully, then your anger will vanish for sure. Apart from the above mentioned techniques, try to follow the below mentioned things in your life which will make you more happy and you will not get angry often.
Tips for an anger free life
Here are few tips which if followed, you can make your life filled with joy and there will be no place for anger anymore.
Go for a holiday
Going for a holiday once in a blue moon will relax your body and mind very much. Holidaying will also improve your personal and social life. You will spend good time while you are on a holiday which will ease your dissatisfaction. It will make your mind constructive and happy. You will be filled with the everlasting joy of the nature.
Spend sometime with the near and dear
Everyone must spend some quality time with the near and dear. Spending time with the beloved will make you relaxed as you can share your feelings with them. It will make you more happy as your personal relationships will be enhanced.
Spend sometime with yourself
Spending sometime with yourself is also very much important thing in your life. Spending sometime alone will make you think about yourself. You can assess your positives and negatives and also figure out how you can convert positive things for your growth. Also you can note down your negative points and the way in which you can deal with them. Spending sometime will relax your mind and will fill you with some fresh energy. Your confidence will be improved and this can do wonders for you. So take out sometime for yourself once in a while to reap the benefits.
Do regular exercises, yoga and meditation
Doing regular exercises, yoga and meditation will definitely keep your body and mind agile. Exercises, yoga and meditation will relax your body and also will make you fit.
Socialize with friends and family members
Being social with friends, colleagues and relatives will also make your mood positive. So take out some time to hangout with your friends and relatives. You will recollect some lighter moments when you socialize. It will relax you and you will feel the instant energy.
Although many methods are suggested here in this article, it depends completely on yourself whether to follow them or not. No one can force you to calm you down. You should be having determination to tame your anger. Otherwise, whichever method you choose to calm down, it will make you more restless and more angry. So before getting angry on someone or something, please ask few questions to yourself. What is the reason for anger?, Is the reason worth getting angry upon? Will being angry will do any good? If you still feel it is worth to get angry, then think again and again because we do some heart breaking comments and things when we are angry. So be happy and fit.
Read related articles: How to How to control anger Anger causes and treatment
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
|Author: sailakshmi 27 Apr 2012||Member Level: Bronze Points : 0|
|hey the above are the good points to control the anger and to have control on ourselves..|
|Author: PARWINDER SINGH 27 Apr 2012||Member Level: Silver Points : 1|
|You are right my friend.|
Happiness is the key of health.
If we remain sad in all day we can not only loss our health but also we sad some other persons who meet us.
So Be Happy and Also Keep your friends Happy.
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...