Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Education
How to write a proper review of a college and school?
This article will help the members to write a simple yet proper review of any school or college. The article highlights some important points and tips are to be followed and lay down some basic guidelines that are needed to be followed while writing the review.
We come across various schools and colleges in our lifetime and some schools and colleges leave behind an everlasting impression on us. It can be the school/ college education system, its infrastructure, discipline, location which condemns us to a make a conclusion and determine the level of the school or the college. Review writing is mainly expressing one's personal opinion about an education institution and sharing the personal views with others. Everyone has their own way of writing a review but each one of us follows a particular guideline and a skeleton layout while writing a college/school review. By following the simple steps one could write a proper review of a particular school/college.
Step 1: Provide a good and simple overview
The first impression is always the last impression, so while writing the first paragraph on the introduction of the school we must keep one thing in our mind that the language we are using must be simple yet impressive. This will make it easy for the visitors to understand the text and get a proper taste of the college/school. Try to highlight the following points in the introduction of the college/school,
• Who founded the school/college and at what year?
• The aim and objective of school/college.
• Achievements and outstanding milestones of the school.
• What type of a school/college?
• Current strength of the school/college.
• Current principal/chairman of the school/college.
Step 2: Provide a detailed location
An accurate location of the school/college is very much necessary and important as most visitors want to know the environment and places around the school/college and also to easily identify the school/college. Highlight the following points in the location of the school/college,
• Where the school/college is located, the district, the area name etc.
• State out some important landmarks such as hotel, temple, restaurants situated near the school/college
• The environment around the school/college, whether it is quiet, noisy, hustles, calm etc.
• Educational places around the school/college such as museum, planetarium, botanical garden, research center etc.
• Distance from an important bus stoppage, area etc.
Step 3: Provide information about the infrastructure and facilities provided
This section is what most visitors give importance to as they really want to know that exactly the school/college is providing the student for their betterment. Infrastructure and facilities provide enormous support to the identity of a school/college. Highlight the following points while writing the infrastructures and the facilities provided by the school/college
• How big is the building and how mush area the school/college covers?
• How many laboratories are there and are they in proper conditions?
• What are the facilities provided such as playground, assemble ground, swimming pool, basketball courts etc.
• Provide detailed information regarding the Auditorium, multipurpose hall, gymnastic hall, sports complex etc.
Step 4: Provide information about academic and extra co-curricular activities
Academic performance tells a lot about the school's progression and development. Visitors put a lot of importance to this section and it is through this section only that most visitors conclude their idea about the school/college. The following points are to be mainly highlighted in this section,
• Subjects or courses allotted to the students.
• Previous year's academic performance of the school/college.
• Some achievers of the year.
• About the teaching quality and experience of the faculty.
• The school/college is under what education board.
• Extra co-curricular activities and functions organized by the school.
Step 5: About admission procedure and fee structure
Most visitors like to have a detailed procedure of the admission and the amount of money they have to spend if they want to study in that education institution. Points that are needed to be highlighted in this section are
• How the admission for the new session is conducted whether it is through a written test, interview, academic merits or something else.
• Where to get the admission forms and where to submit?
• Provide information about the admission fee, security fee, monthly fee, bus fee etc.
• How to know about to admission result?
Step 6: Any future plan of the school/college
Future plans give a sense of satisfaction to the visitors that the school/college is working for the benefit and well development of the students. Provide the information regarding some upcoming or ongoing construction or plan of the school/college.
Read related articles: College school review
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
|Author: Sultan Mustafijul Hoque 28 Aug 2012||Member Level: Gold Points : 1|
|HTML formating suggestion for review articles - Always mention institution's name and state name in title and institution name and city name in heading and sub-heading portion. This will boost up your SEO result for the review.|