Computer & Technology
Virtual Reality: Advantages and Disadvantages
Posted Date: 07-Jun-2012
Computer & Technology
Pavnesh Pratap singh
In this article I am going to tell you about Virtual Reality. Virtual reality means a animated scene which a real look. Through virtual rality we can get more information about the things happens in past or in future. Also I am going to talk about its advantages and disadvantages.
First talk about what is
Virtual reality is an artificail environment or scene that are created by using hardware devices and software of a computer. This artificial scene or environment is presented in such a manner that it look and appears 3-D and we feel like a 3-D world.
To experience a vitual reality scene or environment, a user requires a head- mounted display (HMD) and special types of gloves which receives input from the computer. A HMD keeps a track on how eyes move and responds by sending a new input video. Also a user require the data gloves which sensor the movement of hand and interface those movement by a computer. The most important element requied for virtual reality is the software to give a real experience which feels like a real world.
Note that a virtual environment reprsents a 3-D world thta it look either real or abstract. It includes real system like buildings, lanscapes, spacecraft, trees, human anatomy, sculptures, crime scene, solar system and many more. these virtual environment are animated and can be reprents like a real world.
Virtual Reality can be applied in many areas:
1) It can be used in medical studies to enable students to know the human body structure.
2) It can be used in scientific research laboratories so that scientist can easily research on a specific topic.
3) It can be used in entertaiment like in games and movies to make the gaming experience more real and to allow individual to experience adventures under extreme conditions.
4) It can be used in driving schools as it give a real look of roads and traffic.
5) It can be used in military training for the soldiers to get familiar with different areas in the battlefield.
These are the thing about virtual reality. Now i am going to talk about its advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Virtual Reality:
1) Virtual reality creates a realistic world
2) It enables user to explore places.
3) Through Virtual Reality user can experiment with an artificial environment.
4) Virtual Reality make the education more easily and comfort.
Disadvantages of Virtual Reality
1) The quipments used in virtual reality are very expensive.
2) It consists of complex technology.
3) In virtual reality environment we cant move by our own like in the real world.
Read related articles:
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Virtual Reality: Advantages and Disadvantages"
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.