Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Computer & Technology
Windows 8: Download and Install
Here in this article, you will get information on how to download and install the new windows 8 operating system into your desktop or PC. Once you have finished installing this new version, you will be able to see many changes on your taskbar and it will create a great comfort in using the new features. Hope the buying customer will be satisfied with this new version.
Windows 8 comes from the Microsoft Windows and it is next version of Windows. First it was launched in series of operating systems which was made by Microsoft for using it in your PC or for desktops and for home users. As said by the experts, the release of Windows 8 is set for October 2012. Windows 7 was released three years before launching new windows 8. The Windows 2012 server is in progress and it will be coming with Windows 8. The Pre-release version of Windows 8 was released on May 31, 2012.
Like Windows 7 it was more focused more about the update of Windows line, which is designed with the chipset to experience more connections with the user. It has new features like new user interface which is designed in a Metro design language of Microsoft and it can be used in multiple input methods, like touch screen input and it is similar to windows phone and it is having a button input like Xbox 360. Windows 8 also known as Windows RT is having more support for the ARM Processor which comes from Intel and AMD.
Consumer preview of Windows 8
Microsoft released the Windows 8 consumer preview, beta version of Windows 8 on 29 February 2012. In the Windows 8, the start button is no longer present on the task bar, but it is placed in the left corner at the bottom and everyone can click the start with good ease. The president of Windows has told that there are 1 lakh changes made when the developer version was launched. At the first day of the release, more than one mullion downloaded the Windows 8 consumer preview. The consumer preview will expire on January 15, 2013.
Features of Windows 8
- Metro UI:
Desktop environment is used for running desktop applications and it is called as the Metro app. Start button has been removed from the taskbar and it is kept on the new charm bar and hot spot is kept on the left corner at the bottom. These two opens in a new start screen, which replaces the start menu. When the operating system boots up and it ask for a booting and this feature is brought in a new manner for touch input and it can also be controlled on mouse. The graphical settings can be extended by the settings menu.
- Windows To Go USB flash drive:
The Windows TO Go will make Windows 8 to boot from USB flash device , known as a flash drive. It can boot with utmost quality and clarity.
- Internet Explorer 10:
The Internet Explorer 10 will be included as a metro style app and it will not support the plugins or Active X components and it will be having a new version of Adobe Flash player which is used for touch and low power usage and it will be working only on sites which is having a whitelist. The full version of flash player will be included in the desktop versions and it will support the plugins.
- Microsoft Account:
Everyone will be able to sign in using a Microsoft account and it will make the user profile to access the internet from different computers which is running windows 8 and it will be integrated with Sky drive. Two new authentication methods are used in windows 8. One which allows the users to log in by drawing some gestures on different parts of the picture and another one is the PIN log in which allows to authenticate using a four digit pin.
- Ribbon Toolbar:
Windows Explorer will be having the file operation processing in a dialog box which is updated to make new statistics, and you will be able to pause the transfer of the files and will be able to improve ability to manage conflicts when copying different files. The Hybrid booting will use a advanced mechanism to make computer running faster.
When the Windows 8 release preview launched the system requirements will be the same of the windows 7, but there will be some changes in the final release of the windows 8 version. If the architecture used is x86(32-bit) then the RAM will be of 1GB and it will be having a DirectX 9 graphic device with WDDM 1 or higher driver. The storage capacity will be 16 GB. When the x86(64-bit) is used then RAM will be of 2 GB and the initial storage capacity will be of 20 GB. For using any touch input features, then the touch enabled hardware is needed.
For running the metro applications, then a screen resolution of 1024*768 is needed to run one app at a time and for running two apps at a time, then a resolution of 1366*768 is needed.
Microsoft has told that they have released the hardware requirements for the new tablet and convertible devices which are designed for windows 8. They have defined convertible form factor which combines the PC and recharging power source with a keyboard and a pointing device in a single case. Convertible can be converted into tablet with input devices which are hidden or removed.
Hardware requirements for windows tablets
The Graphics card need to have a Direct X 10 graphics device with a WDDM or higher one. The storage capacity will be of 10GB free space and the standard buttons will be power, lock, windows key and volume keys. It will be having a USB 2.0 connectivity and it will be having one controller and every person can connect using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
How to Install Windows 8?
The installation process for windows 8 is more quicker than the windows 7 and it is not having any procedures. In my opinion it took only 25 minutes for installing into my PC hardware.
- First you need to go to preview.windows.com or to http://windows.microsoft.com to get your images burn into the disc. When you are installing into a drive or to a partition, then you must use first downloader link for the safety. Installer can burn the files or create a new bootable USB. The setup is a complex process, when compared with burning an ISO Image and installing it.
- When starting this process, you need to make sure that your peripherals are connected so that windows can download the setup and can install the drivers into it.
- When we first click on the blue Download windows 8 button, you will be downloading the upgrade assistant of windows 8. It will check your hardware to know that whether your PC can install it or not. You can install 32 bit or 62 bit architectures.
- Upgrade assistant will check your system and then create a report of the hardware you are having and type of hardware you does not have etc. When you are installing on touch screen PC, then you will not be able to install it, because some of them does not work on windows 8.
- After successfully installing it, then the assistant will give the product key and you can copy this to email for any kind of future information.
- It will download the windows 8 installer into your PC machine.
- When you are installing your windows 8, it will ask for selecting the language and you will need to enter the product key which will be provided .
- Next step is to agree to the license terms and when installing pre release version you are agreeing to the Microsoft usage. The main use of giving the free preview is to get a feedback to release the final software.
- The next step is to upgrade and custom features. When you are upgrading from windows 8 preview in developer or consumer, then you will loose your existing files, but when you are upgrading from windows 7, you will need to keep the files and applications. Normally it runs from the desktop.
- When the installation finishes, you can choose a color for your start screen and you can put a name for your pc and name for your WI-FI network. You don't need to get into your wireless network, because you will have an option later.
- In the next step you can use the express settings or you can choose your options for automatic updates, security and privacy and also for network connections.
- Then you need to have an account in Windows live or you can create a new one by entering your name and your details. You will have an option not to enter an account, but you need sign in to your windows 8 pc. You will be getting more apps when you have an account on your windows store and you will be having 7GB free space for the SkyDrive storage for the online.
- Next you will need to have a mobile number or email address for the security backup. Only the Microsoft will use your password for your security for the account.
- Then you will see a message which stows your finalizing settings. Then your pc will be ready for start up and you can use metro start screen for starting up. The key for the mouse will be corners of screen and your keyboard will be your dearest friend which takes you to the start screen. You can search your apps on your screen and you will be included with release preview and you can enjoy more than thirty apps in windows store.
- Once you have finished the installing windows 8, then you will not be able to undo it or you cannot have the recovery media. You will not be able to restore your recovery partition. It is better to install your windows 8 into a separate partition or on a virtual machine.
Read related articles: Windows 8
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
|Guest Author: shubham 24 May 2013|
|windows 8 is best for me give me|
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...