Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Health
Home remedies for 15 common diseases
|Posted Date: 25-Jul-2012 ||Last Updated: ||Category: Health |
|Author: Madhu||Member Level: Gold ||Points: 120|
This article explains about the home remedies for the common diseases by doctors and our grand ma tips are also included to get relieved from pain with the help of the ingredients at home itself. The home remedies gives best result at the beginning of the diseases.
Remedies for Cold
Cold is the common disease that is caused during the rainy season and there are more home remedies that are being followed. Some common home remedies are
• Salt water gargles at least three times per day relieves the throat pain and dry throat.
• Dehydration is the main factor to increase the cold so, it is better to drink more water to make your body hydrated always.
• Hot water relieves some pain in throat.
• Add 1 tsp of honey in tea with few drops of lemon juice is also good remedy.
• Add one fourth of turmeric and one fourth of jaggery in a bowl and mix it then eat it even though the taste is not good it helps to get some relief from cold.
• The garlic soup reduces the cold. The garlic has the anti bacterial properties that acts as a medicine to kill the causes of cold.
• Vitamin C content fruits helps to reduce the common cold. The properties in vitamin C reduces the duration of common cold. The most common remedy followed in villages is the tamarind pepper rasam. The medicinal properties in the rasam reduces the cold.
• The bitter guard and lady’s finger also decrease the common cold.
Remedies for Dry Cough
• Warm water helps to reduce cough. Hot water also helps to kill the cause of the dry cough.
• During bed time, in warm water add small amount of salt and ghee to get cough free sleep.
• Turmeric plays wonders during cough. Add turmeric in milk and drink it twice a day to reduce cough.
• Tulsi leaf or tulsi juice is also good to get quick relief from cough. Boil few amount of tulsi leaves and leave it for few minutes then drink it.
• Always have a clove in the mouth to avoid dryness in throat.
• Extract the juice from onion and mix one tsp of onion juice with one tsp of honey and leave them for three to four hours and take it two times a day.
• Gargling with salt and lukewarm water reduces the effect of dry cough.
• Mix one tsp of honey with a glass of grape juice for betterment of dry cough.
• Green tea has the medicinal values and mix honey with green tea results in soothing of throat and reduces dry cough. A hot milk with honey gives good sleep and gives temporary relief from dry cough. If it is continued for some more number of times then it relieves the dry cough.
• Boil few pieced of ginger with tea leaves and add just a very little amount of pepper with four basil leaves. Drink the tea to relieve from dry cough. This is also considered has a herbal tea to maintain healthy body because it has some valuable herbs mixed in it.
• Again, take a cup of tea and add cinnamon to it. This also acts as a good medicine to relieve from dry cough.
• Peel the skin of almonds that are soaked in the water and grind it. Mix the paste with butter and sugar and eat it.
Remedies for Common fever
• The holy basils are given to the affected person to reduce the temperature. Holy basils are used in India to treat many diseases. The basil leaves is popular for fever, cold, cough and other common diseases. The holy basil tea or basil water is good to reduce the temperature.
• Hog weed and bloodwort are herbal medicines given to common fever. These herbal medicines are mixed with water to avoid vomiting.
• The fruit juices of orange, grapes and apricot are recommended as a remedy to reduce fever. The fenugreek cools the body and it is good to drink either fenugreek tea twice a day. The saffron tea also given to the person who is suffering from this disease.
• The dry grapes are soaked in the glass of water and then smashed to get the juice of the dry grapes. The juice is added in tea because the hot drink makes some help to decrease the temperature.
Remedies for Sore throat
• The bishop weed with rock salt melted in the warm water is used for gargle to relieve from sore throat. The powder of cinnamon with honey or ginger and drink it. This is the commonly used medicine for sore throat. Fenugreek seeds boiled in the cold water and use it as a gargle. This is the oldest remedy for relief.
• The basil leaves either taken as a raw leaf or boiled in the water and drink it to get quick relief.
• The kantakari herb is soaked in the half litre of water and then boiled at room temperature and gargle it. Like wise, sage leaves are used for the gargle purpose.
• Add the turmeric powder in the hot milk and consume it during the night to get a peaceful sleep.
Remedies for Bad breath
• Amla is the best fruit to treat bad breath. Amla fruit is considered as a best fruit to increase immunity in the body. The chemicals present in the amla fruit is used to get rid of bad breath.
• The white layer on the tongue should be cleared and brush twice a day or after taking food
• The gargles like water with lemon juice or warm water with salt prevents bad breath
• Orange juice and grapes or grape juice helps to stop bad breath.
• The leaves of the guava should be chewed to control bad breath. The juice of the avocado not only reduced the bad breath. It also kills the cause of the bad breath. The fenugreek seeds are soaked in water for few minutes and then take the water to make a fenugreek tea and drink it to stop bad breath.
• The bad breath is the sign to show that our body is not healthy so it is better to maintain a healthy diet with a large amount of fruit juices normally reduces bad breath instead of chewing the gums and mouth fresheners.
• The mint leaves and parsley leaves hides the bad breath.
Remedies for Blackheads
• Take few teaspoons of honey and apply it on the blackheads areas and leave it for 15 min and then wash it with warm water to get quick results.
• Fenugreek leaves helps to remove blackheads. Grind the fenugreek leaves like a paste and apply it on your face and then wash it off after 10 min to get rid of blackheads.
• Fullers earth or multani metti makes the skin clear from blackheads by just applying the fullers earth and rose water on the affected areas.
• The inner portion of banana skin helps to make the face shiny and clear from blackheads.
• The face packs is also helpful in preventing or clearing the blackheads from the face. Some of the face packs are sandalwood face pack and rosewood face pack.
Remedies for Tooth ache
• The common home remedy is to rub the area with ice cube. Ice cube stops bleeding and releases the toothache when the ice cubes are massaged in the painful area.
• Place the onion on the tooth that has pain. Onion has anti bacterial properties that kill the bacteria or germs and stops the toothache.
• For temporary relief, place the garlic with rock salt on the tooth. The relieves the pain if it is not severe.
• Salt water clears the germs that causes the tooth ache and it also prevents the growth of germs inside the mouth. Salt water rinse is better option to prevent tooth aches.
• The oregano oil relieves the pain and it is good to maintain the healthy mouth.
• Pepper and salt is used to reduce the sensitivity of the tooth. Half spoon of salt and half spoon of pepper is needed to brush the teeth and gradually decrease the sensitivity of the tooth.
• The best pain relief is lime that stops the tooth ache and also acts as a prevention against the tooth decay if it is used at least four times in a month.
• The gentle massage with clove oil reduces the tooth ache. Dip the cotton in the clove oil and give a slow massage on the tooth.
Remedies for Burns
• The affected area should be dumped inside the cold water for 10 min. The ice cubes is the good option to get quick relief from the burning effect.
• The antiseptic effect in honey gives soothing feel in the burns. Apply honey on the affected area and leave it till the burning level reduces and then wash it off.
• The affected area should be dry to avoid from itching and other problems like growth of germs on the burns.
• To treat the scar caused by the burns the following home remedies are useful. The crushed banana applied on the scar to lighten the affected scar.
• The juice of the basil leaves are applied on the scar and leave it for few minutes. It produces the cooling effect and gradually reduce the scar marks.
• The papaya also acts as a medicine to cure the scars caused by the burns. It helps to remove the dead cells from the scar.
• The tomato slices should be rubbed on the affected area and leave it for few minutes, this helps to reduce the pain.
• Potato slices should be placed on the affected to prevent the scar caused by the burns.
• The aloe vera leaf or Aloe vera gel heals the burnt area very soon and it has all properties to reduce the pain and scar.
Remedies for Hemorrhoids
• Intake of high fiber vegetables, fruits and grains are good for hemorrhoids. The vegetables rich in fiber or fruits that has large quantity of fiber reduces the hemorrhoids effect in the body.
• Exercise and plenty of water intake reduces the risk of hemorrhoids. The dehydration is also a cause of the hemorrhoids and many diseases. The water level in the body should be maintained to avoid many diseases.
• Hot and spicy items should be avoided. The spicy items like fries and snacks that are deeply fried with spices increases the hemorrhoids.
• Bananas are best to treat this disease. Take a at least two to three bananas a day to reduce the cause of the disease.
Remedies for Indigestion
• The black pepper corns that are grown in Kerala reduces the indigestion. The black pepper in kerala has more medicinal values and the hidden medicinal values relieves the indigestion in minutes.
• Avoid carbonated drinks and fermented foods. This increases the level of indigestion and that leads to more pain.
• The milk and milk products increases the cause of indigestion. It is always better to avoid these products during indigestion.
• Ghee and 1 tsp of tulsi juice reduces indigestion. Both of these items are used in the ayurvedic medicines to cure indigestion. Ghee is treated as a gold in ayurveda. For many herbal medicines ghee is added.
• The juice of lemon or ginger helps to reduce the disease. Ginger is the best remedy for indigestion.
• The slow process of drinking and eating also controls indigestion. As we eat slowly, the process of digesting the food takes the needed time else the fast eating lessens the air level that leads to congestion in the stomach. Slow eating also reduces weight.
• Buttermilk with salt and cumin seeds helps to relieve from indigestion.
• Avoid fast food, packed food and oily foods to prevent indigestion. These are the foods contributes more.
• Always better to drink more water after a meal. The less intake of water is also the cause of indigestion.
• Add the following spices like turmeric, fresh ginger, black pepper, asafetida and coriander for good digestion. The fresh fruits an steamed vegetables are good for digestion. The regular exercises promotes healthy body and improves appetite.
Remedies for Eczema
Eczema is the disease that causes red skin, scaly and break out on the layer of the skin. It is found in hands, legs, elbow and face.
• Moisturizers are helpful in reducing eczema and for cleaning and bathing the doctor recommended medicated soap is better for quick recovery.
• The raw milk is also preferred for this disease. The oldest remedy was to pour the raw milk on the affected area. It was believed that it cures the eczema.
• Avoid hot water on the affected area. The perfumes and fragrance soaps should be avoided. The hot water makes the worse effects on the affected area. The chemicals added in the perfumes and fragrant soaps increases the risk of eczema.
Remedies for Migraines
• The juice of grapes reduces the pain and this is the most popular remedy for sinus headaches
• The deep sleep relieves the sinus headaches.
• The paste of handful of basil leaves with 4 clove and one teaspoon of dried ginger gradually relieves the pain.
• The steam inhalation or peppermint steam inhalation is a good remedy.
• Only dry ginger with water or milk and make a paste that releases the sinus headaches.
• Honey is used as ayurvedic medicine to cure many diseases. Add a 1 tsp of honey in water and wait till the honey fully dissolved in water then drink it. It relieves stress and migraine.
• At an early stage of migraine, crush the elderberries and get juice from it. Stir the juice with few amount of water and heat it. Let the juice be cooled for few minutes and add sugar if the juice is not sweet.
• In the diet, frequently add peanuts, spinach, butternut squash and lentils to prevent the migraine.
• Avoid hot dogs, salami, red wine, smoked fish, figs, beans, chicken livers, pickles, fermented foods, chocolate, nuts, peanut butter, banana, citrus fruits, artificial sweeteners and onion during the time of migraine. It increases the migraine pain.
• The vinegar contributes to reduce the pain of migraine by inhaling the stream of the vinegar when it is added in the water and allow to boil the water for few minutes and then inhale it.
• The rosemary herb should be added in the hot water and leave it for few minutes then drink it. It promotes blood circulation and reduce the migraine.
• Bay leaves are good for migraine. Consume bay leaves in any form to prevent this ache.
Remedies for Hiccups
• Fresh ginger smell stops the hiccups. The fragrance of the fresh ginger should be inhales while the hiccups comes. This is also one of the common home remedy.
• A spoon full of sugar in the mouth stops the hiccups.
• The common remedy for hiccups is to hold the breath for a few seconds and release it that contracts the lungs and expands it to stop the hiccups.
• Just 1 tsp of vinegar is enough to stop hiccups. Divert the concentration from the hiccups. Think some thing else to forget hiccups.
• The peanut butter is good to stop hiccups. Take a tsp of peanut butter and swallow it without chewing the butter after five seconds.
Remedies for Dandruff
• Fenugreek and lemon is the two best medicines for dandruff. Grind the fenugreek seeds and apply it directly on to the scalp and leave it for few minutes then wash it with the mild shampoo to reduce dandruff.
• Fenugreek powder mixed with either of the oil like coconut oil or olive oil reduces the dandruff. Lemon rind is also helpful when its it applied on to the scalp and then wash it off.
• Few drops of lemon juice mixed with water and then pour it on to the scalp that not only reduces the dandruff but also makes the hair shiny and healthy look.
• The neem leaves or neem oil is also helpful to reduce dandruff. The powder of neem leaves protects the scalp from bacteria and other harmful fungus that spoils the health of the hair and scalp.
• Coloring of hair or using more beauty products on the scalp also a cause of dandruff. Use the natural products to scalp and hair. The natural products always gives best results.
• Apply the mixture of dry tulsi leaves, curry leaves, one tsp of fenugreek powder, hibiscus leaves and two to three dry hibiscus flowers. Add all the things in the coconut oil and boil it till the essence of the ingredients is extracted then filter the extracts. This oil is considered as a best oil for healthy hair. It has all the herbs that are needed to maintain a healthy scalp and reduces hair fall. It is advisable to apply this oil at least twice a week.
• Lack of vitamin D causes dandruff. The scalp should be exposed to sun light to get enough amount of vitamin D.
Remedies for dark lips
The tips given below should be followed for a long time to get back the color of the tooth and lips.
• The juice of lemon or few drops of glycerin should be applied on to the lips and leave it for ten minutes and then wash it off. The lemon has bleaching properties that vanishes the dark color on the lips.
• Apply almond oil before going to bed. This maintains the moisture on the lips that gradually decreased the dark patches.
• The soft bristles toothbrush removes the flaky skin and improves the blood circulation in the lips. Remember to rub the brush very softly else it leads to bleeding.
• Use ghee or baby oil or petroleum jelly when going out. The moisture will be sustained in the lips that naturally maintains the color of the lips.
• The green apple with butter has done wonders in the color of lips. Take the juicy green apple and apply it on the lips, then message with butter and leave it for the whole night.
• Cucumber slices reduces the effects of chopped lips.
• The cooled tea bags are used to treat the swollen lips. Just place the tea bag on the lips and repeat the process to get quick results.
• Beet juice makes the tinted gloss on the lips.
• To get rid of flakiness and get smooth lips, add one tsp of olive oil and two tsp of sugar with one tsp of honey and half tsp of lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients and apply it on the lips and leave it for few minutes and then wash it off.
• To remove the lip stain, boil the carrots and grind it. Add four tsp of honey and apply it on your lips then rinse it with cold water.
• The most important note is, some people have the habit of licking the lips when they feel dry lips. Please stop the habit that leads to more dryness and there is chance to get chopped lips.
• The juice of pineapple over the lips results in soften lips. The vitamins and antioxidants in the pineapple adds a little amount of plumpness.
Remedies for yellow tooth
• Brushing with salt once in a week reduces the yellow color on the teeth. The salt strengthens the gum and makes the teeth stronger.
• The following fruits that makes teeth white are apples, carrots and celery that cleans the strains that has done by the foods during the meal time. Take any one of the above to vanish the strains from the tooth.
• The sugarless gum after drinking soft drinks generates saliva and kills the bacteria that causes the stain on the teeth. Drink water after a meal because the food that was deposited on the tooth only creates yellow tooth. The water washes the food particles and gives a clean tooth.
• Coffee and tea are the main cause of the yellow color on the tooth. It is always better to avoid it. The orange peel white area should to rubbed on the tooth to clear the stains.
Some of the items should be avoided to maintain the color of the tooth. The items are coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolates, ice creams, sweets are better to be avoided or brush it after taking these items.
The home remedies gives quick relief when a person know it at the early level of the disease. The home remedies gives best results in case of beauty tips. Here some tips are shared that is related to beauty like lips color, blackheads etc. In olden days, these home remedies were followed and our elders lead a healthy life with the items in the kitchen. Now, for every pain we believe on tablets and medicines because of the life style and the need for tablets are essential. The given home remedies are the best cure at the starting stage of the disease. If the disease gets more worse then it is always better to consult the doctor.
Read related articles: Home medicine Home remedy Bad breath Migraine
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...