Climate of India does not remain constant throughout the year. We have the hot climate, the cold climate and the rainfall. Summer, monsoon and winter are the three seasons of India. As season changes, our body’s metabolic processes also accordingly changes. Hence, it is necessary to know that what should we eat and wear during these seasons.
February, March, April and May are the four months when the air in the atmosphere is warm. So this season is called summer season. During these months, solar rays are incident parallel on India and hence our country face this warm season.
• We should drink lot of water during summer. Water removes toxic liquid from our body. In this season, we should drink mango sherbet, sugarcane juice and lime juice. We should drink buttermilk, before going out from home during day time. Some fruits like mango, jackfruit, watermelon and muskmelon seasonal fruits and mostly available in summer season. We should not lose this opportunity of eating these fruits.
• We should wear thin and loose cotton clothes during this season. During day, when we go out from home, we should wear a white colour cap over our head. Because white colour reflects sunlight. We should not wear dark colour caps, as dark colour absorbs more sunlight and hence warm our head which is hazardous for health.
June, July, August and September are the four months when it rains. So this season is called the rainy season. During these months, there are winds blow from southern hemisphere to India. These winds are called as “South-west monsoon winds”. Hence, rainy season is also called as “Monsoon season”.
• Special care should be taken in this season, because micro-organisms remain active throughout the season due to high humidity. We should eat light and moderate food. Light and astringent food like fibrous vegetables, snake gourd, smooth gourd, bitter gourd, etc. should be eaten during this season as such foods are easy to digest. Fresh and warm food should be eaten.
• We should not wear moist clothes because they can contain nuisance micro-organisms. So, we should wear dry clothes. To protect ourselves from the rain we use umbrellas, raincoats, gumboots, etc.
Air in the atmosphere during October, November, December and January months is cold. So this season is called winter season. The air in winter is cold and dry. Sometimes when there is a cold wave then it is very cold. This season is not ideal for micro-organisms and hence they cannot propagate in the season. During the season, people generally face problems of cold and Hypothermia. Many people die due to Hypothermia.
• During the season, the body needs food that will give a lot of warmth and energy. So we eat sweets, dried foods, groundnuts, sesame which provides a lot of oil. These days we also eat a lot of carrot halwa, bhakri made up of bajri i.e. “Bajre ki roti”, brinjals, gum laddus, dates, almonds, sesame and gur (jaggery).
• To bring warmth to our body we should wear warm woollen clothes like sweaters, shawls, blankets, caps, mufflers. All these clothes protect the body from cold and Hypothermia.
No responses found. Be the first to respond...