Simple Steps To Keep Our City Clean
As we all see garbage and waste materials thrown on streets, public places, almost everywhere. want to know simple steps to keep our city clean, then, few simple steps are discussed here. If each one of us can keep our home, building, colony and city clean, then, the country will ally be clean.
Few months back I read in one of newspaper that in Mumbai at church gate station few college going student were cleaning railway subway. They clean up all the steps with brooms, picked up all the plastic bags, wrappers, paper, bottles etc. After that they washed all the steps and stained walls, with water. Stairs looked cleaned in just 2 hours of hard work. Few of passer-by was making fun of them, students ignored them. But, I appreciate such initiatives and courage.
We all love our family and our home and we keep our home neat and clean. How many of us think about keeping cleanliness outside our resident? Very few, right? That means, we don't love our country with our heart. If I am wrong then why our city, streets, roads are so dirty? Every city, roads, transports, stations etc all belongs to us. Actually this country belongs to us and it is our home. Then, why are we making it so dirty? If you are blaming government then you are completely wrong. It is not only government's fault, ours too.
I know that government neglect these things sometimes. They don't have time for such small issues (according to them), but this is not a small issue and this should not be done by them. They should take necessary steps to keep our city clean.
Necessary steps should be taken by Government:-
• Dustbins should be kept at all public places like Bus stations, Railway stations, Gardens, Theatres etc.
• Dustbins should be kept at proper distance on roads.
• Proper waste containers should be kept in every area.
• Rules should be made and action should be taken if someone breaks the rule.
• Daily cleaning of public places is necessary.
• They should make public aware of importance of cleanliness and should tell them the after effects of not keeping it clean (like diseases).
• Proper public toilets are to be made and they should be maintained regularly.
But, just we are paying tax that does not mean that we can do anything. Spitting, throwing waste in public places is an offence. Still we are doing these mistakes every day. I know that we are not doing these mistakes intentionally but it is happening and because of this we are making our city dirty. Even while travelling or roaming we used to throw papers and chips wrappers on roads. On most of the road we see garbage at its corner and which can be the reason behind all serious diseases like fever, malaria etc . And I don't think that anyone want to get ill. We can avoid such things very easily.
Simple, but important steps should be taken by us to keep our city clean:-
• While traveling doesn't throw any wrapper, paper or any dry waste on road. Keep it in your bag or pocket (as it is a dry waste you can keep them in your bag/pocket).
• Keep paper bags with yourself to store wet waste and throw them in dustbin only.
• Avoid spitting on roads (as it can be the reason of viral disease).
• Avoid chewing Pan-Masala, Gutka and Tobacco.
• Avoid use of plastic bags.
• Follow government's rules and regulations.
• If someone is breaking the rule then make them aware of it.
• Stop your friends if they are making such mistakes.
• Spread awareness to keep our city clean.
Most of us are in love with foreign countries just because of their cleanliness. I am sure that just following these simple steps can make a big difference in our lovely country and I assure you that you will never feel like going any other country. And every foreigner will fall in love with our country and on that day we will feel very proud.
We are citizen of this Indian nation and we should proud of that and should make everyone feel proud with our work.
|Author: Bhakti Savla 05 Sep 2012 Member Level: Diamond Points : 2|
A very good article written by you. It feels good to know there are people like you who think so much about cleanliness. The points mentioned by you are basic cleanliness habits which have been forgotten by most of us. If everyone just follows the steps and precautionary measures specified by you, our city and hence our country would become an extremely clean place to live in. Great Work!
|Author: Mahesh Gaikwad 05 Sep 2012 Member Level: Gold Points : 0|
Yeah, even the basic things which I mentioned will definitely make a difference if everyone give their share and one day our country will become the most beautiful country in the world.
|Guest Author: MAHESWAR DEKA 12 Oct 2014|
|Our children are never taught about the importance of cleanliness as parents are themselves ignorant of importance of the same. So, the government agencies and other private organizations will need to educate all ignorant people in our country about the importance of cleanliness. If necessary, Laws will need to be framed to make people to follow the rules of cleanliness.|
|Author: divyanshi 01 Jan 2015 Member Level: Bronze Points : 0|
|Thanks for the article its very nice I needed this for my HHW|
|Guest Author: rakshit 02 Aug 2015|
|Can we do something which is interesting and even help in cleaning our city or bring e-media and internet facilities in cleaning our city?|
|Guest Author: Pihu 27 Aug 2015|
|Very easy and nice tips for keeping a city clean. |