Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...
Resources » News/Announcements » Education
Times Scholars 2012 educational scholarship from Times of India
Times of India has opened doors of opportunity for brilliant Indian students to win scholarship for further studies. In this article you can find the eligibility criteria, application procedure, important dates and other details about Times Scholars.
India's leading news publication Times Of India is presenting 'Times Scholars' scholarship for the bright students across the country. TOI invites applications from Indian students studying in HSC to apply for this scholarship.
Times Scholar 2012 scholarship aid scheme and rules
- 20 students from all over India will be selected to avail the Times Scholar scholarship.
- A sum of Rs.5 Lakh each will be given as a scholarship to these 20 students for funding their graduation.
- This educational funding will be disbursed to the selected 20 scholars over a span of 4 years. The scholarship will be awarded in 4 stages of Rs.1.25 lakh each year.
- The scholarship money will be disbursed via bank transfer to the parent's/guardian's bank account and NOT to the students account.
- The continuation of the scholarship is dependent upon the students performance in the education. A student must obtain 55% or above to continue to receive the scholarship amount for the subsequent year.
Eligibility criteria to apply for the Times Scholarship 2012
Times Scholar 2012 has simple eligibility norms. Any student who is studying in school/college anywhere across India in class XII (HSC) is eligible to apply for the Times scholarship.
Application Procedure for the Times Scholar 2012 scholarship
- Times Scholar 2012 application is only in online mode. Offline application form is not available.
- Eligible students can register their candidature for the Times Scholar 2012 scholarship by visiting the website www.timesscholars.com
- Students need to feel up simple online form mentioning his/her marks obtained in the IX class, X class and XI class.
- Students can choose their preferred center for aptitude test and the Reginal level GD/PI test.
Selection Procedure for the Times Scholar 2012 scholarship
Times Scholar 2012 selection procedure is spread in 3 major stages:
TOI will filter the applications based on the qualities like reasoning ability, aptitude, knowledge, future vision etc. to choose the top 20 scholars across India to avail the Times scholar 2012 scholarship.
- online aptitude test
- Regional level GD/PI
- National level GD/PI
Test centers for Times Scholar 2012 selection test
Test centers for Times Scholar 2012 aptitude test
Online aptitude test for selection of Times Scholar will be conducted at following 16 centers : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna and Pune.
Test centers for Times Scholar 2012 regional level GD/PI test
Regional level GD/PI for Times Scholar selection will be conducted at following 9 centers : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur and Pune.
Test center for Times Scholar 2012 Final GD/PI test Top 100 shortlisted candidates who pass the previous 2 rounds will be called to Delhi for the final GD/PI round.
Important dates for the Times Scholarship 2012
- Last date for submission of Times Scholars Application forms : 10 September 2012
- Declaration of Times Scholars shortlisted candidates : 15 September 2012
- Times Scholars Aptitude test : 23 September 2012
- Times Scholars aptitude test results : 2 October 2012
- Regional level GD/PI for Times Scholarship : 9-11 October 2012
- Result of regional level final shortlist : 19 October 2012
- All India level final round of GD/PI in Delhi : 2 & 3 November 2012
- Announcement of Times Scholars : 5 November 2012
Read related articles: Times scholarship Times Scholar Scholarship
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
|Author: Aasrith Reddy 07 Sep 2012||Member Level: Gold Points : 0|
|very useful information for those students who do not avail any other scholarships from government and those who dont have any reservation and are yet poor..|
thanks a lot for the info.