What the significance of relationship of friendship holds in our life, it equally means important in the lives of your children too. The relationship of friendship not only gives us off the emotional strength but is equally imperative from the mental growth point of views too. It has been observed the children, who are found lagging behind in building friendship are the victims of diseases like tension and depression. All these impact them adversely in their performance in school.
Just opposite to this, if the child is surrounded with friends, his entire personality develops well groomed all round. Studies show what counts is not the number of friends but how deep the relationship of friendship is. No matter the number of friend is singular but he should be nearer to the heart.
3 factors important for good friendship
- In order that the growth of your child is better off, following 3 factors are essential to be taught to your lovely child for making friends and keep servicing it longer.
- How the dialogue is to be initiated with the persons your child has never met with earlier.
- How to present himself in front of others in a positive manner.
- The art of finding out the solutions has to be taught tor child after a fight/quarrel without nurturing any malice or rancour in heart in future.
Paying attention to some facts of your child
In order to teach children above stated points, you will have to give focus on some manners of your child. As for instance, what behaviour of his is proper and what are it that he has to learn to make things according to his needs. The following detailed tips will lend you help in this lesson to be taught to your child:
- When the child is in park etc with some other children, make a closer observation of his behaviour. Compare his behaviours with that of the behaviours of other children- particularly with that child who is most popular in the gathering.
- Try to understand those qualities which your child is found wanting in and which he needs to inculcate.
- Also try to find out the hidden good traits of your child, which if chiselled up by you might turn him capable of inviting attentions of others. For example, try to find this out whether your child tries always to create hurdle in ways of others and or to become bossing around? Does he start weeping and hauling when things are not according to his wishes? It’d be in his behaviour itself that the solution could be found out.
- For learning anything, a phase wise method needs to be adopted. This goes ditto as well for the beginning of a good friendship relation. Tell him what he must do one after the other. In order to teach this, choose such a situation or an atmosphere, from which the child learns and have the experience on his own. As for example, when your child informs of the arrival of a new child in his classroom with whom he wants to establish friendship, advise him to go near him saying hello smilingly and propose him to make him his friend. This would enhance the degree friendship.
- To develop friendship with newer children, you can ask him to rehearse the art of making friends at your home. Play the role of the newer student yourself with your child and ask your child to propose to be friends with you. Also tell of the probable reaction of the newer friend after the proposal is made to him. The hesitation of your child would rub off if he practices the art thus at home. He shall feel confident in meeting persons and mixing with them.
- Always react positively on any matter of your child saying whatever he has already done was correct After this, try to drive this in his mind as to how possibly he could improvements in his behaviour. Always take care of this that you want to teach positive qualities and not of course the negative ones. Also give off the impression that criticising is not the aim but improvisation is the point therein.
- In this course, you too have to be glued up with high degree patience. Grooming child is not a child’s play. Teaching the nuances of social etiquettes to children is not that easy. The capacity of learning this quality varies from child to child. What you want to teach children should be supported and presented with your own doings for him to emulate. Look at your child, he is what he is what you are yourself my dear friend.
|Author: Adesola Adeyeye 18 Sep 2012||Member Level: Gold Points : 0|
|This is a good article and it is self explanatory. I will use every of the advice and tips on the site to handle or train my kids. kudos to you for a job welldone.|
|Author: jagdishpatro 25 Nov 2013||Member Level: Gold Points : 7|
|As parents, we start playing with the child as parents are the first playmates of a child. Parents really have to do more for their child functionally, and set limits with the child. Limit setting is a very healthy function. The functional role changes for parents as the child grows. Later it involves in helping the home work done for your child. Children very often com[plain on their teacher and if you start hearing to them , you would be your child’s best friend. If parents think teachers are in error, they should keep that to themselves and should deal with the school directly. |
Further it is not right to think that the way in which your treated by your parents, the same methodology to be applied in your child’s case. Gone are those days when children were hesitant to speak to their father and get their things done through the recommendation of their Mom. The problem with some parents is that they try to raise their child in a way that they wish their parents had parented them.
In the modern theory of child-parent relation, an adult in a child should try to interact with the parent and while responding to the child, a child in the parent should respond to the parent. This would generate friendly relation with children.
This article nicely brought out child-parent relations.
|Author: Joseph 25 Nov 2013||Member Level: Gold Points : 6|
|Parents needs to become the best friend of their child. So that in the inner most part of their heart it will always sang that there are someone who are ready to care them. Some kids may take every scolding seriously and they kept it inside their heart and act it accordingly to it. From my father what I came to know that love is the greatest punishment that a parent can give. If they find a safe hand with their parents then they will open up everything to the parents. Some angry scolding may sometimes destroy them but if the parent act by understanding about their mistakes and how parents are faced such kind of problems in their age then the child will learn about the mistake and try to rectify it in future. It is not easy to avoid commit mistakes as we are all humans so try to understand about that. All the children's in this world wish their parents to become their best friend not just an ATM bank. So coming close to the child so that as a parent one can able to know their problems and feelings. Very useful article.|