Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore... |
Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Caution & Alerts
Mood disorder: its causes, harms and treatment
This article familiarises you with the disease called mood disorder or mood swings. The article contains the details of its implications, its causes and treatments. Mood disorder is not a mental state to be ignored nor is it such a disease which can’t be treated. Merely a scientific treatment is necessary.
A convivial happy mood not only makes our movements with life easier but fills up the canvas of personal and professional life with a rainbow colour and savoury.
Big- small incidences vis-à-vis mood disorders
- Cooked husband’s favourite dinner but husband slept without taking dinner.
- Very creative project was prepared by me that, but the boss took all the credits.
- The children didn’t perform despite reparations.
- The maid servant hasn’t come and went on leave.
Such incidences as above keep happening in our life and spoil our mood and whether we want it or not, our productivity of the day slides down drastically.
The significant word of the dictionary of our modern life is ‘mood’. Some times, there are some solid reasons for our mood getting fouled up. But in majority of cases, our mood depends on our thinking which we could’ve corrected by providing newer items as we’ve seen in the above mentioned examples. The victims of mood disorder could be a person of any age whether he is comes from a higher status, or lower strata of society. This is a serious psychological disorder which turns up our behaviour uncertain and the personality mysterious. Gradually the root of this disease sinks in deeper down in the person who is the victim of this disease. The suffering person can’t himself know when his mood will get foul or when it’ll return to its normal self.
What after all is mood?
This word heard often for umpteenth times over within a single day round is encompassing unto itself scientific facts. Mood is called that condition of the thought process where the behaviour is decided. Temporary thought arrangement actually is mood in which a person disposes of an instant incidence with an instant behavioural impulse.
Why does mood disorder happen?
Situations, process of analysing thinking over a subject, estrogens and balance of estrogens hormones in body are responsible to trigger mood disorder. But above all these facts, the personality and attitude of the person greatly impact him. It has been often observed our unconscious mind does special expectations and imaginations and when the reality is far off from expectations and imaginations, the mood fouls up. For instance, if you thought your husband would give you a surprise today on your birth day Eve but surprise is a far cry he even forgot wishing you on this special day. Here, the expectations and imaginations of yours were something and the result was something else causing your mood stinking to its very core.
Harms from mood disorder
If you are victim of mood disorder, just know this that in the car of your life, air is little and success extremely difficult. People don’t like persons with mood swinging like the chameleon changes 7 colours one after the other in quick succession in a second (Ghadi me tola, ghadi me masa). In the eyes of others, you are like the rain of Mumbai, no one knows you would thunder and rain. The wavelengths of this type of nature not only play havocs not only with us but torment people around us too.
Impacts of mood disorder on professional life
- Your organization /company would shy away from giving you responsibilities of campaigns or projects because they would be apprehensive of you mood swings not knowing when it’d flare up thus spoiling the fate of the project/campaign. The effects of mood disorder falls adversely on team management/ work which directly tells upon your promotion influencing it adversely.
- People will maintain a safe distance from you thus affecting your popularity.
Effects on personal life
- The atmosphere of the home remains stinking and spoilt from mood disorder. Here the happiness will be dependent upon your mood.
- If someone from mother-father duo is the victim of the mood disorder, it directly goes into the children too.
- You shall be a declared cynic and unpredictable amongst friends and relatives.
- If you would focus on your inside within yourself, you shall find yourself non adjustable on account of mood disorder.
Effects on health
- Switched off eyes, non glowing skin, weak body, dishevelled attires/dresses-all due to mood disorder.
- Mood disorder often impacts upon menopause kinds of procedures also.
- Mood plays important role in conditions of infertility, pollystic ovary, ovarian failure.
- Hormonal balance is affected from mood disorder. This gives rise to diseases like migraine, hyper tension, high stroke, etc. Types of psychosomatic diseases are the result of mood disorder.
What when facing such type of persons?
The most important is when someone’s mood gets spoiled due to you, don’t you try pestering him asking of the reasons of his foul mood.
- Just tolerate it for a while keeping silence speaking nothing in retaliation.
- Whether this is your husband or your boss, children or mother in-law, you can’t get conclusive results by discussing things in a tainted mood. Postpone matters of importance during this period.
- If possible, present the person with his favourite drink- tea or coffee etc. This would bring in him positive effects. Don’t try to pacify putting forth wise counselling during the course of soiled mood.
- Try to leave the person in a fetid mood to leave alone for a while. If the person in front is near on and your relationship with him is informal, your efforts should also be informal. With those efforts, you can set right his mood.
- If a person is the victim of mood disorder, don’t take his reactions seriously. Nor let it impacts felt on relationship.
- When your becomes cleaned up, try to drive the points into the mind of the person in question how to cure this disorder to rid off this and get relief.
Aren’t you a victim of mood disorder?
- Do you get irritated when things go against your wishes?
- Can’t you tolerate rejection?
- A trfle of a botheration particularly your husband’s or children’s vex you abnormally?
- Do have the gut of taking criticisms against you in your astride?
- Do you want to hear always nice regarding yourself?
- Do you want that extra attention towards yourself everywhere you go?
- Aren’t your relationships longer lasting?
- Can’t you tolerate the acid moods of others?
- Do you feel yourself short tempered?
- Do you suddenly feel someone good/bad?
If the answers to all these 10 questions results in 5 marks, undoubtedly you are suffering from mood disorder. You need the advice of psychologist or counselling.
Keep off from mood disorder like this
- First of all accept this that this disease is serious the remedies lay like how the other diseases are treated.
- Whenever you feel your mood is likely to be going to muddied up, take a pause, think and offer yourself self suggestion that you are going to face up with it in a matured manner and shall have controls and commands over my mood waves. This exercise will go a long way to help you out of the jamming mood.
- Keep the fall out of your mood confined to the particular person or the particular incidence.
- Do never make a style out of the mood disorder.
- Don’t make mountains out of a mole matter.
- If there is a problem, focus on the solution and not on its analysis.
- When the mood is foul, maintain silence or never utter such things which can never be possible to make up later at any cost.
- Do work out from you would become detoxed up and feel happy and in lighter mood taking things in a lighter veins.
- Self escape yourself where the mood has gotten murky.
- Don’t keep repeatedly discussing th same rotten subject incessantly.
- Give preference to green and dark blue colours into your wardrobe.
- Make it a routin of ding pooja daily. From this, the brain balances from and your reactionary profile remains intact untouchd and well balanced.
- Do express yourself on the matter where your mood was torn asunder but in a very peaceful manner.
- Try not to take recourse to your mood to get things done according to your ways. Don’t let your mood disorder become your weakness.
A good mood augments our physical fitness and makes us attractive. Be certain of this that if you learn the art of managing your mood, people will be taken in by the magic of your persona.
Read related articles: Mood disorder
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...