Resources » Office Products & Services » Office Decor Ideas
Smart office interior design ideas to perk up your workplace
This article has some wonderful tips of designing and decorating offices. In a small business environment your workspace can speak volumes about your dedication, desire and ability. From the items you place at your desk and hang on your office walls, to the organization and cleanliness of your space, they all contribute to the overall picture of your persona and your dealings with your customers increasing the productivity of your enterprise. Read this item to refurbish your office space to spice it up.
It’s quite fiddly decorating an office area. Here are some brilliant ideas for you to choose decking up your office space the most professional way round.
These days, companies are on the look out for such workplaces that give off inventive liberty and best possible results. We spend a major chunk of our life in the office milieu. Appropriate scheming of office interiors is as vital as our homes are. Description will update you with the latest developments obtaining in the field of office interior decor which would be useful to invigorate the air and stimulate the employees to perform better. An office is a progress center. Every of its spot of design must give way creative thinking supplementing the purpose of office rather than supplanting it with ugly clutters.
Tips for design work in your office decoration
First impression does indeed count
You may possibly overlook how others perceive your office especially when we spend working here everyday round. Treat yourself as a first timer visiting your office. Feel what your office says about your company whether it presents a structured and professional image or not. The office has to be practical and that of its environment welcoming for both the visitors as well as the colleagues. Look at your office entrance from outside also whether it is clean and inviting or not. Is the reception area impressive or not? What is the first impression that emanates from it? Ensure this that the first time visitor to your office sees it the way you want him to see it.
Office clutter should be removed
With the passage of time, vast heaps of documents and papers gather in offices towards which we seldom pay attention tending always to be postponing the organizing job for sometime in future which never comes. Some time should be devoted everyday in putting office’s litter in proper place. An orderly office feels much energetic and congenial to performance.
functional spaces for specific office activities
For creating functional spaces for a particular activity, a corner would be the best area in the office for putting files and archives, copier, printer, and fax machine in another. Create storage areas for common office items and stock them only as and when required. For new employees coming on board, create "new hire kits" that include everything they will need to start working.
Placing yourself in position of power
Place all the office furniture thoughtfully. Consider how the lighting are to be used. Position your desk in such a fashion which combines comfort with individual for greeting guests and converse with your fellow workers. Please turn off the overhead harsh lights by adding indirect lights such as lamps and task lights. But make it a point to use the advantage of the natural light whatsoever is available at your workstation. These will all add up to a practicable layout and environs more in commensurate with prolific work. You don’t need be a Feng Shui expert to do these arrangements.
Affix a dash of color
Generally an ideal office space area reflects to certain extents, the sort of business you do. Neutral colors will fit in better for traditional lines of works as for instance banking legal services. As for more innovative offices like graphic designers and photographers, a more vibrant and warmer angle will suffice. Make your decision about the choice of your office paint and decoration in stead of just accepting whatever is there after you moved in.
Integrate in your company's branding into your office décor very thoughtfully. Think of how and where the business name or logo is to be best used. As to where and how to put business logo and what color of paint to use may sound inconsequential, but they do have a dominant psychological role to play so far as when the prospective customers or patrons come calling your office space.
Low cost effective furniture
An office-supply store is not the best place to buy office furniture nor is even buying furniture from a “discount” store a good proposition. Real-estate "staging" firms are one great way to get your hands on high-quality furniture at a low price. Stagers have huge collections of furniture which they use to deck up homes for sale including home offices. Stager's furniture gets used for just a few times over and later on put up for sale at a sheer discount.
Don't Overlook Ergonomic Issues
Just to thwart the menace of Carpal tunnel syndrome, back pain, and eye strain telling upon immensely over productivity, ergonomic design isn't a cost but an investment that save a lot of money down the line. Buy supplementary ergonomic items like keyboard trays or track-ball pointers for employees. You shall be rewarded in return with happier and healthier employees thereby having a happier and healthier work environment.
Office Reception Design
In an office, the reception area is the most important place where people will come to carry back the image of office in mind. It is very imperative to create such kind of a reception area that gives off a right message to the outsiders to send a longer lasting message and image of your office. For this, this area should reflect the values and attitude of the establishment. It should be well decorated in a creatively viewable mode in professional approach. Assortment of layouts, materials, colors, and accessories might be used to bedeck up the reception area to give it off the right kind of declaration about your organization. Follow the suggestions given below:
- The reception desk is the centrally focused item of reception area of an establishment. Desk should be put exposed to the entry point setup at a slightly angular mode for a chic look welcoming visitors. Opt for an eye catching design for the desk while making the ambience quite warm and welcoming for the visitors.
- Chairs are the next essential part of an office reception area for seating visitors which could be arranged as a main seating area with numerous chairs around it or small bunch of seating areas. But the area must not look overcrowd. Leave enough space for free movement. One or two center tables could be put laden with some company literature, dailies and magazine for the waiting visitors. If you can't afford leather, use stain and wear-resistant furnishings.
- The logo of your organization should be placed on the entrance, in front of the desk or on the wall behind the reception desk. Some elegant frills, wall art, paintings can be thought of but without overdoing it. Plants and greenery could be also put in the area but keep them well maintained and fresh all the times.
- Your reception area should be designed keeping your clientele in mind. This should be quite catering to the taste and likings of your customers.
- A correct color theme will bring in tremendous difference in the appearance of your office reception. Go for neutral or earth tones to create the right ambience for the office and all kinds of furniture for furnishings. Its appearance could be all of traditional wood or the modern usage of glass, chrome, acrylic etc. Soft and decorative lights add up on to the color scheme.
Interior design for conference room
A conference room is the most official and regimented area of an establishment used for important meetings, discussions and brain storming session. This area has got to be well-designed, calm, fully outfitted reflecting vision of an establishment. Conference room could be constructed depending on the type of organization and its area of activities. Few ideas on ways you can set up your conference room are as follows:
- Conference:This is the meeting room with a long table in the centre and chairs surrounding it from its outer side for small brainstorming gathering or a leaderless meeting providing an ideal image line for all the participants enhancing contact. It is generally in a U shape table, chevron or “V” Shape: This is most suited for small group discussions creating an enclosed area for all to interact amongst themselves.
This is perfect for small groups that are required to be placed together with especially when they have to face a presenter. This is suitable for an all department meeting. The audiences sit in small V shaped structures to face the speaker.
Conference room must be equipped with some devices such as a projector screen & projector, lighting, LCD, Phone System with facilities of teleconferencing, speaker phone, voice mail, Webcam, Microphones and speakers, Wi-Fi Internet Connection etc.
This type of conference room is best for presentations by speakers and interactive sessions. This could be set up by fixing up tables facing the front of the room with two or three chairs arranged at each table.
This maximizes the room space use. Rows of chairs are arranged up facing the front of the room divided by centre and/or side aisles.
Read related articles: Office Decor
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...